Technically overheated

My '15 FC350 overheated twice when I got into some technical terrain.  Anyone else have an issue with that?  I'm wondering if I should go with a Boyesen Super cooler or a fan kit from trail tech.  They both make sense, but which would better handle the heat?  Should I opt for both?  I'm already using Evans coolant... 

I put the husqvarna branded upgraded fan (just like the trail tech) on my 350s after experiencing the same issue with technical/slow/clutchwork riding. I ended up moving the stock fan to the other side and have a dual fan setup. I have the upgraded fan set to come on about 10 degrees cooler than the stock one. It only comes on during technical riding and never during most other conditions. It is very rare for the stock fan to click on. On the hottest day during some slow riding I have had both fans click on a few times. I have thought about taking the stock fan off since it doesn't come on much to save weight. Still thinking about it. 

Anyways, I really like the upgraded fan and ability to have it click on sooner than stock. This way I have no worries about a true overheat. 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, Chadolson said:

My '15 FC350 overheated twice when I got into some technical terrain.  Anyone else have an issue with that?  I'm wondering if I should go with a Boyesen Super cooler or a fan kit from trail tech.  They both make sense, but which would better handle the heat?  Should I opt for both?  I'm already using Evans coolant... 

Overheated with Evans??? was it boiling, steaming or just hot? I would go for the fan because the super cooler may add too much heat to the radiators which are small in the first place. But before anything I would check the valves, header to head seal and swap out the radiator cap. 

Edited by weantright
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, weantright said:

Overheated with Evans??? was it boiling, steaming or just hot? I would go for the fan because the super cooler may add too much heat to the radiators which are small in the first place. But before anything I would check the valves, header to head seal and swap out the radiator cap. 

She was steaming away.  I went ahead and put a high cfm fan on it and a 1.8 radiator cap.  I only had an issue when I was in the super technical stuff where not much air can flow through the fins.   Common sense says "create airflow dummy!"  So I'll update next time I get out.