Leaky Beta petcock? - 3D Printable shim to correct

Hey folks,

for those of you with access to a 3d printer:  Here is a stl of a shim you can place behind the rubber gasket inside of your beta fuel petcock to stop the fuel from leaking by when you switch it to the off position.  I print them out of PLA which is resistant to gasoline & 2 cycle oil. 

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2415224 - beta petcock gasket shim.

cheers

-t

beta_petcock_shim.JPG

Hey folks,
for those of you with access to a 3d printer:  Here is a stl of a shim you can place behind the rubber gasket inside of your beta fuel petcock to stop the fuel from leaking by when you switch it to the off position.  I print them out of PLA which is resistant to gasoline & 2 cycle oil. 
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2415224 - beta petcock gasket shim.

cheers

-t

beta_petcock_shim.JPG.98d6a0c3a959aee49937d6f165f418fe.JPG

sell em?

Do they leak all on their own, or this due to a varnish build up?

I can't get the link to work.

I love 3D-printing. I don't have my own machine, I just use Shapways.com

19 minutes ago, Husa your Daddy? said:

Do they leak all on their own, or this due to a varnish build up?

as fas as I can guess it is the ethanol in the gas that causes the gasket inside the petcock to deform/shrink - this shim just takes ip the slack and allows for the gasket to press tighter to the fuel passages.

as fas as I can guess it is the ethanol in the gas that causes the gasket inside the petcock to deform/shrink - this shim just takes ip the slack and allows for the gasket to press tighter to the fuel passages.

Gotcha. Never had a Beta, but I have had other petcocks do this from old fuel/varnish.

Had that gasket go twice on my dry break tank, it only gets used a couple times a year, so it sits in gas for a week and then drys out for months, could also be the MXR02 fuel we we using, good idea to add a gasket to your spares box.  

I have been unable to locate the gasket as a stand alone item? Thus I am forced to do the shim hack :)

Mine is leaking now. Anyone able to find the gasket or full petcock rebuild kit?

30 minutes ago, afm774 said:

Mine is leaking now. Anyone able to find the gasket or full petcock rebuild kit?

According to my dealer, they don't exist. However, he had a petcock from a Husqvarna that fit for only $22.

Thanks Sierra_rider. I actually took the petcock apart and the rubber looks fine, so I just gave the bends on the pressure washer a bit more angle and reassembled. It stopped leaking for now but I'll need to replace it soon.