X Trainer 250 released today

Yep, must mean Euro dealers? Chris sometimes you take the fun out of the drama by answering posts so quickly...? Better not to have bad info out there though. You probably posted because dealers phones were blowing up already from my post?

Any other tasty tidbits you can throw our way?

Click it a few times and it gets bigger. The model designation reads 2-Stroke 35_. It is a 4 stroke, most likely a 430. Either I am blind or the factory put a sticker to a bike that doesn't exist on Salvini's bike? Could be cut and paste just to make me crazy. How is it that the factory transporter has the wrong decals onboard?

Of course this is just a new model "sneak peak leak" to get the internet buzz going about the 2018 Beta 350 RX 2 stroke I'm sure...

Edited by Johnny Depp

35 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Yep, must mean Euro dealers? Chris sometimes you take the fun out of the drama by answering posts so quickly...? Better not to have bad info out there though. You probably posted because dealers phones were blowing up already from my post?

Any other tasty tidbits you can throw our way?

Sorry to ruin the fun, my wife says I'm good at that ?

Nothing I can throw out. Even when I do can't say. ? I hadn't heard anything about a 250 cross trainer, but I did know about the 2018 4-stroke changes since that does affect us. 

I don't know, is a 250 something people wanted? I read more about people wanting a 200 or 4t version. 

• Like 1

The Xtrainer 250 has been in Japan and a few other Asian countries since the 2016 model year.  Primary reason it was introduced was to appeal to riders that want to avoid the expensive Japanese biennial "Shaken" registration and inspection system required for bikes over 250cc.  Seems like a no-brainer to extend it to Europe too if it complies with emissions regulations.

http://betamotor.jp/wp/x-trainer300-2016model/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Click it a few times and it gets bigger. The model designation reads 2-Stroke 35_. It is a 4 stroke, most likely a 430. Either I am blind or the factory put a sticker to a bike that doesn't exist on Salvini's bike? Could be cut and paste just to make me crazy. How is it that the factory transporter has the wrong decals onboard?

?  super pixel peeping the pics. haha

I saw a 4T engine and a "35_" on the side and didn't think twice.  Didn't notice it looks like it says 2-Stroke. LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

Of course this is just a new model "sneak peak leak" to get the internet buzz going about the 2018 Beta 350 RX 2 stroke I'm sure...

Salvini rides a 350RR.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RhinofromWA said:

But above the 350 it appears to say "2-Stroke" on the same sticker.  I believe that is what he was referring too. ?

Yes, but I didn't know he had switched to a 350, IIRC he started the season on a 430. Maybe they switch bikes to suit the terrain?

• Like 1

LOL, so it does!  My guess is that they've ordered so many damned sticker kits for so many Salvini bikes that they're having trouble making the right changes from bike to bike.  Somewhere there's a fat-fingered nearsighted person like me keying info in for whomever makes the graphics kits.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, wwguy said:

LOL, so it does!  My guess is that they've ordered so many damned sticker kits for so many Salvini bikes that they're having trouble making the right changes from bike to bike.  Somewhere there's a fat-fingered nearsighted person like me keying info in for whomever makes the graphics kits.

I also wrongly assumed that the 350 Cylinder and head had a slightly smaller different look than my 480, but it looks the same visually I guess. Must have been thinking of KTM's 350.

In the future Beta is supposed to make a smaller engine for use with the new 250 4 stroke and also the 350 so I guess one day they will look different, not yet though.

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

It says "Made in Italy" just like my 17

Am I missing something?

The model designation at the bottom of the airbox cover appears to read 2-stroke 350. I though he was running a bigger bore bike, but they may have got the decal wrong.

On 7/7/2017 at 9:06 AM, ccullins said:

Sorry to ruin the fun, my wife says I'm good at that ?

Nothing I can throw out. Even when I do can't say. ? I hadn't heard anything about a 250 cross trainer, but I did know about the 2018 4-stroke changes since that does affect us. 

I don't know, is a 250 something people wanted? I read more about people wanting a 200 or 4t version. 

Yea that's a trend for a while now.. some 300rr guys are going to switching to a 250 top end too.. and it's also a trend for the xtrainer guys to not need as much torque and going to 250 top ends too ... sort of makes sense as the xtrainer is smaller so in theory it would be better? less torque less fighting the bike?.. I don't know .. I know there are some xtrainers locally that have been modded to 250 and guys like them. Some guys just like the bike how it is too.. Weird huh.. a little while ago guys who had the 250s were trading for 300 top ends..:excuseme:

On 7/7/2017 at 11:32 AM, wwguy said:

I have a 400 4 stroke sticker on my 2012 red front fender on my 15' 300rr .. Even looking at it close it's hard to tell the 2 from the 4 before the "stroke" before the 400.. Everyone looks at the 400 and goes "You got a 400?" . It catches them for a second . I just had a friend give me the fender graphic so ..... You guys have better eyes than I do.. I couldn't see Salvini's "2" instead of 4 in the graphic and I have my reading glasses on.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

On 7/7/2017 at 11:38 AM, Johnny Depp said:

I also wrongly assumed that the 350 Cylinder and head had a slightly smaller different look than my 480, but it looks the same visually I guess. Must have been thinking of KTM's 350.

In the future Beta is supposed to make a smaller engine for use with the new 250 4 stroke and also the 350 so I guess one day they will look different, not yet though.

Beta making a 4 stroke 250? Is that new? I thought they weren't going that way.

5 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Beta making a 4 stroke 250? Is that new? I thought they weren't going that way.

Frank in the Enduro21 article mentions it. They are trying to finish out the model line to have a complete offering. The small bore's have done quite well in EnduroGP too.

Edited by Johnny Depp