What year frames with a 2017 RMZ450 motor fit in

My buddies 2017 RMZ450 fell off his trailer on the highway and the frame is trashed.  What other year frames will fit?  Also, doesn't the title go with the frame so would he need a title with the new frame?  I'm guessing he's going to have to buy the whole bike and swap his newer parts over.

2008 up should fit I think, pretty sure the mounts are the same. There's a sweet black frame for sale on eBay that Todd is selling "insideguy" he posts here every now and then.

• Like 1

I believe you cannot get a title with a frame purchase. Maybe direct from the dealer you can. (Too much $$$$$). You might end up with a salvage title when changing frames and then applying for a new title.

This sucks.  Tie your bikes down good people.  Glad it wasn't mine but feel bad for my buddy.  He might be better off parting out his bike.  Motor only has 34 hours on it and should be worth a fair amount.  Only real damage is the frame, sub frame, seat cover, throttle, handle bars and levers.  The frame is the killer.

This sucks.  Tie your bikes down good people.  Glad it wasn't mine but feel bad for my buddy.  He might be better off parting out his bike.  Motor only has 34 hours on it and should be worth a fair amount.  Only real damage is the frame, sub frame, seat cover, throttle, handle bars and levers.  The frame is the killer.

Post photos. Wanna see some carnage
  • Like 4

Hey, I was scanning TT for an old topic and saw this one. The 08-17 have interchangeable motors. The right motor mount is different from 08-12 and 13-17. Also the ECU mounts are different from the same years above. I've used a 12 motor in a 13 frame and had to mount the ECU behind left radiator scoop, but it wasn't an issue. 

As far as frames go, the vins do stay with the frame. There are plenty of frames on eBay. If just keep registering your busted frame and put the sticker on the new one. All the ranger cares is that you are paying for the sticker. If you wanted you can get a bill of sale from the previous owner, build the bike, take it to the DMV to get a VIN verification and then you can register it. They won't verify a frame by itself.

hey, rotaholic, I got booted from eBay so my new screen name is "LAFD-4" 👍

• Like 1