YZ250 SWING ARM SWAP YZ450

Made the swap thank you for all the help I've recieved from this site ! Will be testing it tomorrow for the first time 

xtrig pro triple clamps 

xtrig rear preload adjuster 

EBR Performance suspension set up

2016 yz450 swing arm and brake assembly

Pro Circuit 143.5 mm rear linkage 

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

• Like 1

12 hours ago, disposableincome said:

Forgive my ignorance but what's the advantage of the 450 swing arm?

Weight so far I remember it shaves more than a pound of unsprung weight. It also tends to break easier as almost all stuff lighter. Using a Pirelli tire and a lightweight tube without any sealer I can shave 2.5 pounds of weight. But where I ride it last me some 10 minutes and I'd have the first flat. 

Edited by arnego2

I've had one on my bike for so long I can't remember the exact difference, but it just feels so much smoother on the rear end to me. Just seems more planted and seems to stay hooked up and track better. It's just so much nicer through the roots, rocks and trail trash.

If I ride a regular YZ it seems so much busier in the back end.

BTW- You don't have to have the wheel, axle and brake carrier to do the swap. YAMAHA uses the same 22mm axle wheel assembly on the "FX" bikes with the "F" sytle swingarm as they do the 2 strokes.  You just need the swingarm and rocker to do the swap. But..., the stock YZ pull arms will lower the rear end. 143.5mm arms put it as close to stock as I could get it, anyway.  

16 hours ago, Alcorn859 said:

Made the swap thank you for all the help I've recieved from this site ! Will be testing it tomorrow for the first time 

xtrig pro triple clamps 

xtrig rear preload adjuster 

EBR Performance suspension set up

2016 yz450 swing arm and brake assembly

Pro Circuit 143.5 mm rear linkage 

IMG_0877.JPG

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

Badass looking ride! Liken it.

I've had one on my bike for so long I can't remember the exact difference, but it just feels so much smoother on the rear end to me. Just seems more planted and seems to stay hooked up and track better. It's just so much nicer through the roots, rocks and trail trash.
If I ride a regular YZ it seems so much busier in the back end.
BTW- You don't have to have the wheel, axle and brake carrier to do the swap. YAMAHA uses the same 22mm axle wheel assembly on the "FX" bikes with the "F" sytle swingarm as they do the 2 strokes.  You just need the swingarm and rocker to do the swap. But..., the stock YZ pull arms will lower the rear end. 143.5mm arms put it as close to stock as I could get it, anyway.  

So all you need to do is buy the 450f swing arm, brake and then a yz250fx wheel bearing?

The "F" swing arm and shock "rocker" are all you actually have to have to make the swap.

With the YZ pull arm you'll lower the rear end around 15mm. A 143.5mm pull arm will put you pretty much back to stock.

• Like 1

On July 12, 2017 at 3:04 PM, 218 said:

With the YZ pull arm you'll lower the rear end around 15mm. A 143.5mm pull arm will put you pretty much back to stock.

143.5mm is the total length of the PC link? Do you know what the length is from eye to eye? 

I am using the yz pull arm now but would like to try something in between the yz and yzf arms.

I have an extra yzf arm that I can oval out. I'm guessing only 1-2mm?

143.5mm is the eye to eye length of the PC link. It will put you right about the original height.

RIDE EBGINEERING also has a 143.5mm YZF link.

• Like 1