How to add a spark arrestor?

Hey guys, 

Looking for a little help, I bought my 99' CR 250 and repacked the silencer to get it ready to ride.  I didn't even pay attention, but now realized it has the Powercore II silencer with no spark arrestor, I thought it was the Turbinecore II that does have it. So the silencer works fine and is freshly re-packed, does anyone know of a way to just add a spark arrestor to the silencer I have? I would like like a cheaper mod to get it safe for the trails instead of paying $150 for a new silencer. Any advice would be great!

most spark arresters have a US forestry approved stamp on it, that's what most places look for and most homemade ones won't pass, look for a used one of ebay

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ScrewMx_Hd said:

most spark arresters have a US forestry approved stamp on it, that's what most places look for and most homemade ones won't pass, look for a used one of ebay

I noticed online there  are quite a few end caps that bolt on for four stroke mufflers that have that USFS stamp, I was hoping there was a similar option for the smokers....sounds like its not out there though. 

• Like 1

It's a addition piece called a "Spark arrestor screen", they are sold for about $15 on Motosport and RMATVMC. It's not a direct fit type deal and you'll have to find  away to install it down the tip of the pipe but also I think most of these are made for four stroke exhaust systems.  Another issue I could see would be that fine mesh screen getting clogged up easily, the Turbine core by FMF doesn't have a screen. It seems to be a small cone that reverts the exhaust back and around into a larger chamber and past a stationary turbine blade looking deal. 

Edited by WeekendRDR
  • Like 1