34 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

I've used that type of guard before, and it basically stops 'scrapes' and 'scratches', but the dings still happen.  Even big ones.

I think you might have posted that before.. and it's why I sort have thought of giving in and getting the carbon fiber guard from beta.. if flatland made one that would be good. I'm thinking it's still better than nothing which is what I have now.. maybe a guard needs to be custom made at this point with clamps .. idk.. It's another back burner project like so many..

Beta%20AB-10256.jpg

http://www.motosupply.com/beta-beta-rrrsrr-beta-stroke-header-guard-p-495.html

This is good... but it's not cheap and when it does hit a boulder or whatever it's damaged and looks sort of horrible at times.. it does protect.... maybe  a custom guard is the best.. The generic one that firfighter got is still great.. better than my nothingness.. I keep thinking I'll go ride ..hit a rock and bend my header and I will feel like a dumb ass for not putting a guard on..

Been riding here in Oregon and Washington woods for many years with tons of rocks and roots.  This Ricochet will do the job on all but hits at speed.  But, like I said in the video, nothing will prevent damage from at hit to the header at speed. 

• Like 1