What does this piston say to you?

Piston: "There is quite a draught!"

Me: "Indeed Sir."

Edited by borgwarner

Piston: "There is quite a draught!"
Me: "Indeed Sir."

Ok. Here's my take..But I'm new to 2T.
Bike was actually very soft down low with the electron. I just leaned it up 1/2 turn and now its very snappy again. But, by the look of the piston, I think the powerjet needs some more fuel. Carbon buildup is actually catchable with my nail where its at but looks like the piston is getting washed at wot.

What do you think?

3 hours ago, mattwhidden said:

Ok. Here's my take..But I'm new to 2T.
Bike was actually very soft down low with the electron. I just leaned it up 1/2 turn and now its very snappy again. But, by the look of the piston, I think the powerjet needs some more fuel. Carbon buildup is actually catchable with my nail where its at but looks like the piston is getting washed at wot.

What do you think?

I think liquid fuel is washing the piston.  Guess would be that the powerjet is too rich.  

• Like 1

It's RICH somewhere, maybe not everywhere. Like Red said there is fuel washing the piston. The shape of the clean spots is showing the direction of the fuel flow both in and out of the cylinder in a very defined way. 

It's RICH somewhere, maybe not everywhere. Like Red said there is fuel washing the piston. The shape of the clean spots is showing the direction of the fuel flow both in and out of the cylinder in a very defined way. 

It was DEFINITELY fat on the low end. Was actually softer down low afted the lectron was put on. Bogged if you snapped the throttle. After I leaned it up Half a turn it runs much stronger. No bog. But the topend with the lectron has been strong.

3 hours ago, Mashy Man said:

Blendzenall.

Castro R

Are you out of your mind? Castrol R is great oil, and smells wonderful, but its a royal pain in the butt to deal with. It makes sense for that last tiny bit of protection in racing, but makes no sense at all for casual riding.

• Like 1

It's saying, "you dummy, shoulda bought a fi 450 4 stroke, wouldn't have to pull the head, or rejet, or mix gas, or put a lectron on, or rejet, or want more power, or rejet"

• Like 1

It's saying, "you dummy, shoulda bought a fi 450 4 stroke, wouldn't have to pull the head, or rejet, or mix gas, or put a lectron on, or rejet, or want more power, or rejet"

Already got one. Just collects dust after I bought the 300. 300 has just as much power. Far better suspension. Never flames out. And will never have to be rejetted after its dialed in.

What now? 0701170821a.jpg.5d58ff6b9eb94a494f669a06741b8ccf.jpg

• Like 7

Cool pic. The 300 is a case induction motor. Fuel travels to the cylinder by way of the transfer ports at the sides of the cylinder only. I'm not in the fuel washing camp unless the crankcase is flooded.

Cool pic. The 300 is a case induction motor. Fuel travels to the cylinder by way of the transfer ports at the sides of the cylinder only. I'm not in the fuel washing camp unless the crankcase is flooded.

Bike runs EXTREMELY well with the exception of being a little soft on the bottom which was fixed by a half turn leaner on the rod.

I got my eyes on an orange 300 XC myself. I wonder if I'd run into similar that you're having. I read in MXA that the stock jetting and the stock carb actually worked well with the 60:1. Did you give the stock carb a chance before going to the Lectron?

it's rich some where like others have said, impossible to say where without testing and riding it.