Marzocchi Roco

This shock came on a used bike I couldn't pass up, but the shock is beat and the 600lb spring is a little much. My question is, will the shock be worthy of about 200$ in parts to make right for me, or will I be further ahead just to stuff something else in all together? I hear all sorts of mixed opinion on the Roco and it's already just slightly long for the frame. On the other hand, I don't want to just say it sucks without ever even trying to set it up properly and I do like having the lockout on a dh shock. 20170708_162626.jpg

I really don't know but I can say that the newer air shocks from Fox (and others) and pretty good and affordable

I really don't know but I can say that the newer air shocks from Fox (and others) and pretty good and affordable

The alternatives are the fox dhx 5.0, or possibly a fox float evolution rc. The evolution rc is far better suited to that frame, but a little fragile for me at times.

A shop to rebuild and re-valve suspension literally does not exist around the Toronto area (at least the east side). I'm actually going to take a suggestion and try dirt bike shops over the weekend.

Shops that do mountain bike shops are few and far between. Parts for old marzocchi (they went under a few times since that shock was made) are nearly non existent. And for $200, you could get just about any used shock you want, just figure out the size and hit pink bike. 

Shops that do mountain bike shops are few and far between. Parts for old marzocchi (they went under a few times since that shock was made) are nearly non existent. And for $200, you could get just about any used shock you want, just figure out the size and hit pink bike. 

Half of that 200$ is finding the coil I want used. All the shocks on pinkbike I would consider, people want 300$+ for. Almost better off buying new than shipping a half price used one in completely unknown condition and possibly needing to do everything I need to do to mine now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

Half of that 200$ is finding the coil I want used. All the shocks on pinkbike I would consider, people want 300$+ for. Almost better off buying new than shipping a half price used one in completely unknown condition and possibly needing to do everything I need to do to mine now.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using ThumperTalk mobile app

I wouldn’t be worried about buying a used shock at the right price. Springs are only $25. Just don’t buy a shock from anyone that lives near a bike park. :).

I wouldn’t be worried about buying a used shock at the right price. Springs are only $25. Just don’t buy a shock from anyone that lives near a bike park. .

Old thread dude, but a 400lb titanium coil was 300$ to solve the problem
  • Like 1