How many ride an MX bike as if it were trail?

I've heard a lot of things from my buddies who stick to their UTVs saying "You don't use that bike enough" or "Just sell it and get a quad". Personally yes, I use my '02 CR250 for some light trails, but the quad guys think I should go about using my CR250 as if it were a swamp quad lol!

Who out there on TT uses there beautiful track bike just like a ttr230?

I get pretty fussy over not wanting to abuse my bike, just for the fact it's a race bike. Here's a picture of the bike

• Like 2

Your buddies don't know their arse from a hole in the ground lol.

I bought a 06 yz250 to use as a trail bike as its no fun for me trail riding mild bikes like a ttr230 anymore. 250 two stroke mx bikes aren't that far from enduro/trail bikes with a couple mods.

I avoid bogs and don't ride with the atv guys too much, they go too slow and stop a lot, if I want to go play in the mud with the atv's I take my atv not my bike, I do this mostly in the winter when the snows deep and crappy to ride the bike in, having both is nice.

• Like 2

I ride a crf450r in the woods, entered in several enduros and on the MX track. It does all of it just fine. Its not the perfect woods bike it stalls easier than a purpose built trail bike would but its a blast on any terrain.

• Like 2

Riding a CR250 on trails is fine but it will never be as good as a 300XC. We used to have track bikes that we rode on trails, then we switched over to enduro bikes and it has been so much better. Suspension and engine makes a huge difference. A track bike will be better at the track, enduro bike will be better in the woods 9 times out of 10.

• Like 2

Get a quad to ride with the buddies, keep the bike for the track..
My YZ is a purpose built woods bike, but far from being anybody's idea of a "beautiful track bike". New plastics and nice graphics is just asking to smack a tree.. Don't.

Yeah that's my problem is it's too nice of a bike to maul in the hellish trails and ruts of quadtards. I have a Polaris sportsman 700 but I don't get the same vibe of driving a quad compared to my bike.
  • Like 1

OP, I think it's time for some new friends. You are there in Canada so I guess that explains a lot.
Mud bogging on a dirt bike? Thanks, but no thanks.

It's safe for me to assume your in the US? Man I wish I could be down there, it's difficult to find anyone up here that knows what motocross is and can drive something other than a quad. Don't get me wrong, I may live in Canada but I'm set on being down there with you Americans.
  • Like 1

I ride my 12' yz450 on trailrides sometimes.  Always have to wait for people tho no matter what bike i use yz,cr or the 450. honestly 450 isn't as good on gas,  small tank. Leading one tomm acutely :ride:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

honestly 450 isn't as good on gas,  small tank.

yeah i have a 9L on my 450sx - stock was 6.5L - although i did get 100k without refueling on the 6.5 - but sometimes we do over 100k - and sick of carrying extra fuel just in case.

• Like 1