TTR 125 trans oil

Hey guys, just wondering if my '15 TTR 125 takes transmission oil. If it does, when do I replace it? My manuel says nothing about it.

Thanks,

A TTR125 engine and gearbox both share the same oil sump,

reason why your choice of engine oil ideally must also be wet clutch compatible (JASO-MA spec)

In the world of 4-stroke dirtbike engines,

the only ones that I know of that have separate engine and gearbox sumps are the Honda CRF-R's and X's.

This is what I run in my TTR 125. I'm horrible about changing the oil in that bad boy, but it still runs like a champ!

353-0901.jpg

This is what I run in my TTR 125. I'm horrible about changing the oil in that bad boy, but it still runs like a champ!
353-0901.jpg.c7ef04226317b3947e372af78bf40b11.jpg

Ok. I might try that. I just bought a 5 qt thing of car oil for my bike! I know that it is bad for my clutch, but I did not even realize I had mesed up until I had put it in! Kicking myself.

Will it REALLY bad if I just used 4th e car oil? I won't buy it again... But, will my bike be fried if I just use the rest?

Will it REALLY bad if I just used 4th e car oil? I won't buy it again... But, will my bike be fried if I just use the rest?

I don't know....I couldn't tell you why things work or why they don't, just what I've had good luck with.
  • Like 1

I don't know....I couldn't tell you why things work or why they don't, just what I've had good luck with.

Ok. Thanks for is the tips!

Searching for the oil spec for the ttr 125LES , 2005. Animation I see you posted 10w 40 is that the factory spec?

DBBradley that oil spec for gearboxes I recall has agents to prevent  foaming (from the gear action). I would drain it and put the correct oil in. Buy that's just me. 

Cheers. 

TIA if any can confirm the weight.

• Like 2

I took these out of a TTR manual. I can't tell you what year it is, but I can tell you that I'm almost 100% sure that all those TTR motors are the same. I hope this helps you.Screenshot_20170920-151323.pngScreenshot_20170920-151300.png

• Like 2

It's not that it's bad to run car oil in your motor, it's just it might make you clutch slip, then you need a new clutch.  It either slips or it doesn't.  So if you ran it and it doesn't slip, it's fine. If it slips, then yea a clutch needs replacing.  Maybe you can sand it. I ran semi-syn in my XR and it slipped like it was in mud.  But I gave the rest (5 gallons) to my buddy and it worked fine in his 250f.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:15 PM, Animatrix86 said:

I took these out of a TTR manual. I can't tell you what year it is, but I can tell you that I'm almost 100% sure that all those TTR motors are the same. I hope this helps you.Screenshot_20170920-151323.pngScreenshot_20170920-151300.png

Awesome thanks. The exact year service manual on Yamaha's site was not free. I think you are right thought, I am not even sure if they have ever made a change to the TTR 125 motor.

• Like 1

Awesome thanks. The exact year service manual on Yamaha's site was not free. I think you are right thought, I am not even sure if they have ever made a change to the TTR 125 motor.

Solid little bikes. I never hear anything bad about them. I have a 2003. For sure takes me anywhere I need to go. It's not my main ride, but it's one hell of a secret weapon backup that nobody ever sees coming. What it lacks in raw speed it makes up for in torque and agility.IMG_20170111_1627232.jpg
  • Like 2

That is an AWESOME pic!!!! :thumbsup:  Can I put it on my website?

Edited by socalxr
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Animatrix86 said:

That'd be fine with me. What's the website?

www.socalxrs.com   Hey where is that? It looks like right next to my house.  Riche' Canyon or Gillman Springs?

Edited by socalxr
  • Like 1

www.socalxrs.com   Hey where is that? It looks like right next to my house.

Nice! Yeah, it just might be. That's in Reche Canyon, CA. Punch this into your GPS, show you right where we stopped.

34.000620,-117.243832

Screenshot_20170923-202417.png

Yea, I live in Moreno Valley. In my old house, we used to ride out of my backyard to Riche Canyon.  Now I live off Box Springs and ride the field off the 60.

Yea, I live in Moreno Valley. In my old house, we used to ride out of my backyard to Riche Canyon.  Now I live off Box Springs and ride the field off the 60.

Yeah, been my backyard my whole life. Feel very fortunate to have kick ass trails like that so close to home. Our usual loop on the big bikes looks like this. Never gets old. Over 30 miles easy.
  • Like 1

Picture didn't take on the last response....Screenshot_20170923-204240.png
  • Like 1