2005 YZ 125 Bike Build

Just picked up this 2005 YZ125 for $2000. I think it has upgraded sss forks right?  I plan on doing some work to it and this is the start of my next build. Im thinking Powdercoat the frame and swingarm, black wheels, and some graphics. Question is the guy who owned this running the stock silencer with an fmf pipe for power? 

Go Check out the build I did on the yellow and gold 2005 YZ250 

2017-07-07 13.49.00.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.04.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.18.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.25.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.35.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.43.jpg

2017-07-07 13.49.59.jpg

2017-07-07 13.50.09.jpg

2017-07-07 15.17.12.jpg

2017-07-07 16.28.15.jpg

DSC04742.JPG

DSC04748.JPG

• Like 3

Clean bike but those look like 05 fork tubes to me. First gen dual chamber.

Why do anything, looks good as is. 

Running a stock silencer is fine with FMF, but for power???? Eh...

• Like 4

Well got it stripped down and the parts are at the powder coating company as we speak. Going to do the top end and check the jetting and make sure that's correct for Florida humidity and sea level. Powder coating the frame Candy Blue and the swingarm and sub frame matte textured black. Got Jared at Elusive Graphics working on the kit right now. Going to order black side shrouds, black fork leg covers and Cycra Stadium number plate and some black wheels with blue hubs.

2017-07-09 20.02.01.jpg

2017-07-09 20.02.04.jpg

2017-07-09 22.41.10.jpg

2017-07-09 22.41.30.jpg

2017-07-09 22.41.42.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, Drumgar said:

any more progress pics?

Yessir just got all the powdercoated parts back 10 min ago. Ive been basically cleaning and polishing all the nuts bolts and other goodies while ive been waiting. Painted the louvers black too. I sent the motor out to get mods done . I will attach the screenshot of his text detailing his work. Some parts ordered and waiting on graphics kit proof so I can tweak that and get it shipped out.

textfree_3199049373830342101.png.jpeg

Screenshot_20170726-215557.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, djtroy said:

Yessir just got all the powdercoated parts back 10 min ago. Ive been basically cleaning and polishing all the nuts bolts and other goodies while ive been waiting. Painted the louvers black too. I sent the motor out to get mods done . I will attach the screenshot of his text detailing his work. Some parts ordered and waiting on graphics kit proof so I can tweak that and get it shipped out.

textfree_3199049373830342101.png.jpeg

Screenshot_20170726-215557.jpg

Now you have a ticking time bomb lol :ride: like the blue frame tho sweet :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, Motox367 said:

Now you have a ticking time bomb lol :ride: like the blue frame tho sweet :thumbsup:

Ok so porting, cleaning carbon up, and matching things up will make the bike a ticking time bomb huh?? Explain what exactly will cause this bike to blow up?

4 minutes ago, djtroy said:

Ok so porting, cleaning carbon up, and matching things up will make the bike a ticking time bomb huh?? Explain what exactly will cause this bike to blow up?

Well if you just putt putt around will last long time. Guess I should've asked how fast you were first sry . Carry on

On 7/27/2017 at 9:23 PM, Motox367 said:

Well if you just putt putt around will last long time. Guess I should've asked how fast you were first sry . Carry on

you still DID NOT explain why the things Im getting done would cause my bike to be a ticking time bomb. Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about a 125 two stroke you dont "putt around" on them. Well at least I sure dont.

With that being said, explain your comment in detail because I think you either A: have no clue what your talking about when it comes to two strokes or B: your trolling me

Edited by djtroy

you still DID NOT explain why the things Im getting done would cause my bike to be a ticking time bomb. Its pretty obvious to anyone who knows anything about a 125 two stroke you dont "putt around" on them. Well at least I sure dont.

With that being said, explain your comment in detail because I think you either A: have no clue what your talking about when it comes to two strokes or B: your trolling me

It's B, definitely B.

Sent from my SM-G935V using ThumperTalk mobile app

• Like 6

23 hours ago, djtroy said:

Not trolling lol yes harder you ride them the less they last. Trust me ik. Went threw 125c and 125b many years ago. And I use to do engines for local pro kids when they were on twostrokes. They were modded didn't last long. I raced modded 250s they were whopped in no time. Geuss I shouldn't have said that sry yours will probably last :thumbsup: oh and I do twostroke engines on the side $ couple 2-3 week sometimes more mostly mx but chainsaws, watercraft and snowmobiles engines also. Didn't learn from internet but hands on trial and era. 20 years of racing.  And went to school for it as kid but learned more doing it :ride: so I know alitte atleast . The 05 I had awesome bike. Has Trellborbs winter friction tires on it 

0328140926.jpg

Edited by Motox367
  • Like 3

Clean bike but those look like 05 fork tubes to me. First gen dual chamber.

Why do anything, looks good as is. 

Running a stock silencer is fine with FMF, but for power???? Eh...

Agree, nothing wrong with the stock look! Looks like great condition!

But, since you have already completed the PC, it looks great. Did I see that you are in Florida?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TPA-MX said:

Agree, nothing wrong with the stock look! Looks like great condition!

But, since you have already completed the PC, it looks great. Did I see that you are in Florida?

Quoted the wrong guy. Haha, must be the heat. Oh wait, you were trolling me eh? :naughty:

Looking forward to seeing how this looks all put together. My son has an 05 YZ125 and we were talking about doing the black PC swing arm. I was still undecided on the frame color. Is the matte finish harder to clean up?