Think this pipe is repairable?

What do you guys think?  would a pipe repair shop attempt to fix this or am I better off buying a new gnarly pipe?   Thank you for any replies.

pipe1.jpg

pipe2.jpg

pipe3.jpg

• Like 1

Try this company out in the link below I've heard they could pretty much fix anything.  I'd suggest calling them tomorrow.

https://piperepair.com/

Edited by H4L
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

Ooooh thats some gnarly dents you have there  :lol:

Yeah two trees were involved...... ugh  

42 minutes ago, H4L said:

Try this company out in the link below I've heard they could pretty much fix anything.  I'd suggest calling them tomorrow.

Thank you I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.  That gnarly pipe had no dents until that moment...... Hit that rut and I darted out of it in the wrong direction.... stuff happens 

Edited by cerialsledder
  • Like 2

Good thing you had bark busters on or you might be missing some fingers. DAMN!

• Like 2

Just now, MountAiryTrailRiders said:

Good thing you had bark busters on or you might be missing some fingers. DAMN!

Those trees couldn't have been spaced any more perfect for me.  Took out the pipe and both rads.  I pulled back on it enough to where the bars didn't hit but it was enough to were it woke me up....

• Like 1

IMG_6860.PNGIMG_6861.PNG
This works pretty good if you don't want to pay someone or buy a new pipe. Not perfect by any means but it does work pretty damn good. Just need a pressure washer and some stuff from the hardware store. I'm not sure what PSI pressure washer to use but I don't think it needs much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrapLife88 said:

IMG_6860.PNGIMG_6861.PNG
This works pretty good if you don't want to pay someone or buy a new pipe. Not perfect by any means but it does work pretty damn good. Just need a pressure washer and some stuff from the hardware store. I'm not sure what PSI pressure washer to use but I don't think it needs much.

not sure what my craftsman pressure washer is rated at but I would be willing to give this a shot and see what it does

• Like 1

17 hours ago, H4L said:

Gave them a call today and sent them the pictures and they said no problem.  $60 vs $200 is a no brainer there.  I appreciate the info, now I just need to order some new radiators and I'm all set, gonna go with the ebay GPI ones.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, cerialsledder said:

Gave them a call today and sent them the pictures and they said no problem.  $60 vs $200 is a no brainer there.  I appreciate the info, now I just need to order some new radiators and I'm all set, gonna go with the ebay GPI ones.

Let us know how it worked out once you get it back on.  I haven't personally used them, but have seen good feedback from other members who have used them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cerialsledder said:

Gave them a call today and sent them the pictures and they said no problem.  $60 vs $200 is a no brainer there.

If you dont ask you never know if you could be wasting money on a new pipe  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

If you dont ask you never know if you could be wasting money on a new pipe  :thumbsup:

One reason I love TT.  come on here and ask a question and usually you will get pointed in the right direction :)

• Like 1

Got my pipe back today and all I can say is holy shit!!! Pacific crest pipe repair worked a miracle on this. Loving it and I will have this put back on my bike in a few hours and riding tomorrow :)aeab0c490e305604ab7818ef21630965.jpg0848d30d5f7693f69d7e8c7cb2e57fee.jpg42b206bc0d5f8ec60d7c597d3f3491eb.jpg5cd5d21b8d15c73b3d1c36301db7a5da.jpg

• Like 3

Uhm, yeah that looks pretty good.  When I do them, sure they work great but they look nothing like that.  Mine look like Frankenstein afterwards.  I'm impressed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cerialsledder said:

Got my pipe back today and all I can say is holy shit!!! Pacific crest pipe repair worked a miracle on this. Loving it and I will have this put back on my bike in a few hours and riding tomorrow :)aeab0c490e305604ab7818ef21630965.jpg0848d30d5f7693f69d7e8c7cb2e57fee.jpg42b206bc0d5f8ec60d7c597d3f3491eb.jpg5cd5d21b8d15c73b3d1c36301db7a5da.jpg

Nice ! Curious as to the fitment after it's been straightened ?   I have an 03-04 CR2 Doma that is apparently like a unicorn in the US & would definitely consider sending it to them if I ever smash it.   

• Like 1