Slipping clutch CRF450R 2009

Hi guys, 

I have a CRF450R 09 which I have owned since new which I use mostly for trail / desert riding over here. From new I fitted a Magura hydraluic clutch from which has worked fine for years. Last year I decided to freshen up the clutch and ordered some Pro X clutch plates online. First issue there - The fibres when added toegether are approx 1.2mm thinner than the OEM units - Yes the clutch slipped to such a degree I had no drive at all. I then went to the Honda shop and purchased some OEM units. The spare parts guy said the 09m had an issue with slipping clutches due ot the 4 bolt pressure plate and if I experienced any further issues recommended an extra steel plate added with the plates. The extra plate should take the clutch plates up to level with the top of the clutch basket. He also said that I would need to put another washer in to the parts group including the clutch lifter - pressure plate etc to compensate for the extra steel plate. I tried the extra steel without adding the washer and the clutch is engaged (meaning driving) and the bike stalled immediately once put into gear. The parts guy has now moved on as the dealer closed. My question is - Has anyone else tried this mod and if so where do I locate the extra washer - Under the clutch lifter ( clutch centre side) or on top of the needle roller bearing?

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers Leigh

No replies may mean no one gives a toss or no one has the fix.  There is good news. The Honda guy was right. An extra steel in the stack and another flat washer on top (clutch cover side) of the last washer before the pressure plate. In the short test run I gave it on the bitumen I had good feel at the lever and no slip in top. Will advise if any further issue but this looks like the fix.