2006 250R missing and backfiring, HELP!!!

So i bought this bike at the beginning of March, it had just a little bit of an erratic idle but nothing serious, figured it was a jetting issue. That was near 2500 ft elevation. I just moved to 6,500 ft, so I re-jetted it to what it's supposed to be, ran a little better, not right though, so I did some testing, found out my throttle positioning sensor was only reading 4.32 ohms, and would not change. Ordered the part, was riding home from the shop, cut through a little field in town, did a stoppie before I entered the road again, and it died. Kicked it once, fired right back up, got about 40 more ft. And it started backfiring and running like crap. I parked it for the last week. Just changed the sensor with a brand new one from honda, it's supposed to be pretty damn close to 5 ohms, it's at 5.22 before starting the bike, thought it might be close enough, test ride it, same problem just runs a little better. Could it be my computer unit? Or coil? Plug gap is good, ground is clean and secure, valve clearances are tits on, carb is nice and clean, crankcase breather is clean, brand new kill switch, this issue got a lot worse out of nowhere, and won't go away. If appreciate any helpful ideas on how to fix this. Being at the elevation I'm at I only have about a month and a half left of rideable weather, thanks.

Did you check the valves clearance? Its always the same story. "Get a bike second hand and a few rides after it runs like shit" i've been there, you are very likely due for a head rebuild. 

So I put a bigger main and pilot jet In it, it helped, still missing a little but it's much better, guess I was too lean

• Like 1

When does it bog? 1/4 1/2 or full throttle?

Glad its running better, its a shame changing the jetting and checking sparkplug on these bikes takes forever!

And it bogs a little on the bottom but if I'm on it, it doesn't have an issue. But if I hold at any rpm low, mid or high, or let off the gas, it misses and/ or backfires. I've been playing with the jetting and fuel mix but damn this trial and error shit takes forever