Kelly Canyon

I was up there with a big group on Saturday.  I think we passed you guys when you were stopped (maybe where you were in that last photo).

Haha!!
Yep, that was us.
I was wondering where you guys rode in from?

How was the dust? Looks like there was a little bit of rain up three recently. 

I'll be up there this Sunday. I'm not street legal so not doing the dual sport event but a few ATR guys are going to ride Kelly on Sunday. We usually camp just off of FSR 3E. Looking forward to some cool weather riding. 

4 minutes ago, Kosmic said:

How was the dust? Looks like there was a little bit of rain up three recently. 

I'll be up there this Sunday. I'm not street legal so not doing the dual sport event but a few ATR guys are going to ride Kelly on Sunday. We usually camp just off of FSR 3E. Looking forward to some cool weather riding. 

Dust was real bad but should be different this weekend.  It hadn't rained when I was up there.  We usually camp around the same area.  We have a ride at ACP on Saturday in memory of Billy Moran so I will be there and probably won't get up to Flagstaff this weekend.  Too bad because it should be great conditions if the forecast for rain is even close to accurate.

5 minutes ago, 4Sevens said:

Dust was real bad but should be different this weekend.  It hadn't rained when I was up there.  We usually camp around the same area.  We have a ride at ACP on Saturday in memory of Billy Moran so I will be there and probably won't get up to Flagstaff this weekend.  Too bad because it should be great conditions if the forecast for rain is even close to accurate.

Oh that's right Billy's ride is on Sat. I may be attending that also.  

@4Sevens found this while looking through the footage of the weekend.

• Like 2

@4Sevens found this while looking through the footage of the weekend.

Haha! That is awesome! Pretty cool seeing a riding party of that size.
  • Like 1

Looks like a pleasant place to ride and not have to worry about anything challenging.  Fun way to spend a day or 2.  We'll probably head over that way and check it out this fall.

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Looks like a pleasant place to ride and not have to worry about anything challenging.  Fun way to spend a day or 2.  We'll probably head over that way and check it out this fall.

The challenging part is the constant pounding you get from the rocky terrain.  That is one of the more smooth sections.  It tests the best suspension set ups.  Not my favorite place to ride but it's good training for race season and the scenery and weather are awesome.

• Like 2

The challenging part is the constant pounding you get from the rocky terrain.  That is one of the more smooth sections.  It tests the best suspension set ups.  Not my favorite place to ride but it's good training for race season and the scenery and weather are awesome.

Agree completely. I went down 3 clicks on fork compression a day late. And, u got f'ing squirrels dive bombing ur ass. Luckily lhc450 found the rockiest trail possible for the ride back...thought my fillings were gonna rattle out.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, havaride said:

Agree completely. I went down 3 clicks on fork compression a day late. And, u got f'ing squirrels dive bombing ur ass. Luckily lhc450 found the rockiest trail possible for the ride back...thought my fillings were gonna rattle out.

I always go at least two clicks softer on compression at Kelly Canyon. Still rattles my brains.

That section heading back to the truck was awesome.

On 7/14/2017 at 0:06 PM, 4Sevens said:

I always go at least two clicks softer on compression at Kelly Canyon. Still rattles my brains.

I'll remember that.  Mine is on the soft side anyway.  And I went back to the softer springs, those spring charts on the websites must be for moto, the springs for my weight were too stiff for my liking.

Ohhhh it's not THAT rocky. Where are you guys riding on a normal day?

Edited by Kosmic
  • Like 1

lhc450 and I live in lake havasu AZ, we ride very similar terrain as in ur video. But being the desert pack animals that we are, we thought Kelly canyon would b pine trees, perfect dirt terrain & rainbows. Didn't see one f'ing rainbow.

• Like 2