youtube upload quality

My uploads from Windows Live Moviemaker to YT are starting to look really grainy.  They look good once i edit to WLMM,but turn to shite when I i upload to YT.  Anyone have a secret editing strategie? 

Hard to figure it out. Youtube compresses the video. You have to encode it, or something like that. To technical for me. 

On 7/10/2017 at 2:28 AM, bluespark said:

My uploads from Windows Live Moviemaker to YT are starting to look really grainy.  They look good once i edit to WLMM,but turn to shite when I i upload to YT.  Anyone have a secret editing strategie? 

I have ran into the situation where my uploads looked like crap when I watched them on my computer, but looked just fine on everyone else's devices. They would straighten out after a day or so and look normal here, but at first it was a definite "WTF".

On 7/11/2017 at 7:16 PM, bluespark said:

My internet upload speed is 6mbps, that should be fast enough?

6mbps upload is really good, mine is more like 1.5mbps (some lower prices services are still 512K). Upload speed won't make any difference in final vid quality anyway, just the time it takes to get them onto YT.

My Replay XD camera can only record at 60fps at 1080p.  Maybe I'll try the 120fps @ 780p.  Also, is it worth it to pay for an upgraded movie editor like Quick Time Pro?

On 7/25/2017 at 10:36 PM, bluespark said:

My Replay XD camera can only record at 60fps at 1080p.  Maybe I'll try the 120fps @ 780p.  Also, is it worth it to pay for an upgraded movie editor like Quick Time Pro?

You're going backwards there. Keep 1080p at 60fps. It's the bitrate you need to set higher, if you have that option. For good YT videos, you need to give YT the highest quality video you can. I record 60fps at 2k with a bitrate of 35kbs. Edit in GoPro Studio for length and to remove fisheye, save at 60fps, 1080p, 30kbs for upload to YT.

Edited by Trailryder42

took me 4-5 hours to load a 7 min video.  my son wanted to watch a specific area.  when I upload at home it loads pretty fast.