Jump to content

cr250 owners

Recommended Posts

Lots and lots of them around still.  The later ones had better manners, my youngest son trail rode a 2006 for several years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Lots and lots of them around still.  The later ones had better manners, my youngest son trail rode a 2006 for several years.

Me and my dad picked our cr250 up from a guy on craigslist about 5 months ago.He let it go for $500 he said it was running but there was no gas in the tank to test it so we got it took it home threw some gas in it and it fired up.But needed a good carb cleaning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just picked up an 03 CR250. Cannot wait to get back into riding. I've been on the street for 3 years now on my FZ6. Ran into money issues and sold my YZ250 back in 2014. Pick up this CR two days ago. Magura Hydraulic Clutch, ohlins steering stabilizer, plastics are meh and will be stripped to stock, but the trailer came with the bike as well!FB_IMG_1499630692527.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, YZ2Smoker98 said:

Just picked up an 03 CR250. Cannot wait to get back into riding. I've been on the street for 3 years now on my FZ6. Ran into money issues and sold my YZ250 back in 2014. Pick up this CR two days ago. Magura Hydraulic Clutch, ohlins steering stabilizer, plastics are meh and will be stripped to stock, but the trailer came with the bike as well!FB_IMG_1499630692527.jpg

Pretty sweet lookin bike I've been wanting to purchase a project bike or a baskter case to work on and then possibly sell to buy an xr500 my dad wants a 4 stroke more than our 2 stroke but I honestly don't mind either or both 2 and 4 strokes hae their pros and cons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

Lots and lots of them around still.  The later ones had better manners, my youngest son trail rode a 2006 for several years.

Just curious dI'd your cr250 your son rode have an automatic transmission or did you have to use the clutch when shifting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dane Richardson said:

Just curious dI'd your cr250 your son rode have an automatic transmission or did you have to use the clutch when shifting

No auto clutch, but you really don't need to use the clutch once you're moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok thanks man,I've been using the clutch but last time I went riding g my dad said something about not using the clutch but I didn't un Der stand him at first lol thanks for clarrifying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is true the clutch isn't needed, but my rule of thumb is I only go without the clutch when down shifting. When I upshift I always use the clutch. Since I'm not racing for top place it truly doesn't save any time or anything to me. Plus it saves your clutch and last a bit longer. I'm only afraid of slamming it into gear to early and breaking the teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this 96' last summer off craigslist blown up in peices $400  Broken cases, broken cylinder  skirt missing carb and bunch of missing parts. Got $1600 in it awesome bike for 21 years old. Don't ride it that much tho only cause I've been getting back into mx so ride 450. 

0929161235.jpg

0903160939.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone I need some help and opinions,so I was out riding my cr250 today and when is was in 3rd gear at about quarter throttle it like stop driving but would still Rev but wouldn't move and it made a weird noise like it was bogging down then it went back to normal a few seconds later and I could ride on any ideas and help?thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dane Richardson said:

Hey everyone I need some help and opinions,so I was out riding my cr250 today and when is was in 3rd gear at about quarter throttle it like stop driving but would still Rev but wouldn't move and it made a weird noise like it was bogging down then it went back to normal a few seconds later and I could ride on any ideas and help?thanks

Fuel starvation?  Check your gas cap vent.  Describe the weird noise a bit better. 

Or am I understanding that it was revving fine but wouldn't move?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vertex and wiseco stickers on the same bike?

Hot Rod botton end/crank rebuild kit came with Vortex gaskets & the head gasket kit for the 285c bigbore is a Vortex. The piston is a 71mm Wiseco. So yep, botn brands "stickers" & their parts are not only on the same bike but in the same head/jug/cylinder as well.... Imagine that.

Sent from my SM-G360P using ThumperTalk mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hot Rod botton end/crank rebuild kit came with Vortex gaskets & the head gasket kit for the 285c bigbore is a Vortex. The piston is a 71mm Wiseco. So yep, botn brands "stickers" & their parts are not only on the same bike but in the same head/jug/cylinder as well.... Imagine that.

Sent from my SM-G360P using ThumperTalk mobile app


Thats why I intentionally put the Vortex & Hot Rod sticker together on the shrouds & the Wiseco on the jug. Anyone who has bought & ran a Hot Rod bottom end rebuild kit that wanted to run a different piston for any reason would know why this or any other combination is possible.

Sent from my SM-G360P using ThumperTalk mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats why I intentionally put the Vortex & Hot Rod sticker together on the shrouds & the Wiseco on the jug. Anyone who has bought & ran a Hot Rod bottom end rebuild kit that wanted to run a different piston for any reason would know why this or any other combination is possible.

Sent from my SM-G360P using ThumperTalk mobile app


I am running a hot rods crank with a different brand piston so i do understand Maybe i'm just not the kind to slap stickers all over my bike, it's like putting pro circuit and FMF stickers on the same bike, but hey that's just me.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×