Is he there yet?

Sooo ET is back and judging from the lack of sweat on his face he is not pushing too hard to do it. 

However the last couple weeks Ive noticed he seems just a bit upright in position and perhaps a bit less in that croutched low, head down charge we watch back in 2015 befor his yard sale ended the fun.

Question: is he there yet? is he back to the level he was in 2015? Has he taken it down just a tic to survive?

I went back and watch his rides from 2015 and to my eye he seemed just a bit more perfect then.....does he still have more in the tank or has he lost some precision?

Edited by lowmass
  • Like 1

If he is "there" it won't be for long

Back in 2015 everyone said he couldn't keep it on two wheels at that pace and look what happened. I don't think he's pushing it as hard now and he doesn't need to 

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

If he is "there" it won't be for long

Back in 2015 everyone said he couldn't keep it on two wheels at that pace and look what happened. I don't think he's pushing it as hard now and he doesn't need to 

16 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Riding as well as he needs to. 

They don't award extra points for destroying the field,  so he's managing now.

Agree and agree

The thing that confuses  me is that he actually looked more precise back in 2015 than now. Usually going too fast and ridding the edge shows up in little mistakes all over the place. I see more little mistakes today than back then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mog said:

Less big ones

yep

Ive noticed sometimes I am having trouble with little mistakes all over , then just a bit more speed, just a bit more carrying momentum , and it all smooths out.....untill

Edited by lowmass

If Roczen comes back 100%, then we can really judge.

IMHO, Tomac destroyed the competition in the first two MX races in 2015 by jumping father on the big jumps and carrying enough speed to jump over some of the holes in the track.  

Dungey showed speed management and not riding outside of the very fast comfort zone wins championships. I think Tomac has that in play now.

Marvin is creative in jumping around holes and whoops, while Tomac uses speed to carry over them.

Baggett credited Pourcel for showing how to ride the sides of the track and conserve energy for the second half of the moto. BB has been entertaining and fast the season.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lowmass said:

The thing that confuses  me is that he actually looked more precise back in 2015 than now. Usually going too fast and ridding the edge shows up in little mistakes all over the place. I see more little mistakes today than back then. 

So precise  :rolleyes:

You sound just like Langston

Edited by meyermetal

3 hours ago, lowmass said:

Sooo ET is back and judging from the lack of sweat on his face he is not pushing too hard to do it. 

However the last couple weeks Ive noticed he seems just a bit upright in position and perhaps a bit less in that croutched low, head down charge we watch back in 2015 befor his yard sale ended the fun.

Question: is he there yet? is he back to the level he was in 2015? Has he taken it down just a tic to survive?

I went back and watch his rides from 2015 and to my eye he seemed just a bit more perfect then.....does he still have more in the tank or has he lost some precision?

I see it too and it is very subtle. He used crouched like a Lion ready to pounce over the handle bars, feet on pegs the entire time. He seems to be off the front of the bike a little more than the Honda but.......but I think he is also getting the power to the ground much faster on the Kawi which leads me to believe he trusts the front end to track where he wants it to go especially mid corner tracking, 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev_XR said:

If Roczen comes back 100%, then we can really judge.

IMHO, Tomac destroyed the competition in the first two MX races in 2015 by jumping father on the big jumps and carrying enough speed to jump over some of the holes in the track.  

Dungey showed speed management and not riding outside of the very fast comfort zone wins championships. I think Tomac has that in play now.

Marvin is creative in jumping around holes and whoops, while Tomac uses speed to carry over them.

Baggett credited Pourcel for showing how to ride the sides of the track and conserve energy for the second half of the moto. BB has been entertaining and fast the season.

Glen Helen is was really searching the track that year. He was bouncing and bounding and in the air a lot. I you notice he really turned the chop and crap that year he pounced over a lot of it.

1 hour ago, meyermetal said:

So precise  :rolleyes:

You sound just like Langston

Ha Ok well I guess your right...

Other than this moment however I see more precision then compared to now. His entrance to turns seemed to be better timed, his flow through the berm seemed more perfect, the exit of his turns seemed to follow the line more centered.

Much of the time if I look close at pros arcing through a turn I see a series of banking off the berm in a sort of touch here, float a bit, touch there, float to next spot etc.

When they get it perfect thers a more even , pressed against the entire arc thing with a smooth even flowing thrust. The difference is small and hardly noticed unless you use slow motion and look close.

Anyway ET looked a bit more precise in 2015 to me. Now speed and flow is a bit like a flywheel effect. It has the ability to hide mistakes but it sure can bite when it all goes bad. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MANIAC998 said:

Riding as well as he needs to. 

They don't award extra points for destroying the field,  so he's managing now.

I think that is exactly it.  Looks like he has more in the tank, but is a little smarter.  As noted above, there is no extra credit for how much you win by.

• Like 2