89 Rmx stator/ flywheel fit rm

Hi guys can anybody tell me if the rmx stator will swap straight into the rm250. I've got an 89 rm250 and I want a battery. Will an 89 stator and cdi swap straight in. Can I use my flywheel and coil or is it all different. Thanks guy's sorry if it's been covered a million times

Rich

Nope, can't do it.  Suzuki made the left side of the RMX crank bigger, most likely for the heavier flywheel and bigger stator.  If you are wanting to do this on a '89 to '92 RM250 then you would need the entire RMX crank also.  It "might" work with the RMX crank in a '93 to '95 RM250 but I'm not 100% sure (only 90%).

Your best bet would be to call Ricky Stator and see what they can do with winding a higher output stator.  "OR" you could just go with a battery powered headlight from Baja Designs, and even cheaper solution would be to go to your local bicycle shop and buy the highest output bicycle handle bar mounted headlights.  The new lithium powered (USB charged) lights are pretty darn good!

(sorry if I'm just assuming that you really are looking to mount a headlight)

Here's some battery powered bicycle head lights, mount them to your helmet (under the visor) and you'll never have another excuse for not seeing something at night.  http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=400158&metaData=eGZfY2FzX2YxNV9udGtfY3M6KHsxNDQwIDE4MDB9IDE4MDAp&filterFacet=xf_cas_f15_ntk_cs%3A%28%7B1440%2b1800%7D%2b1800%29&catalogId=10551&storeId=10052&langId=-1&pageSize=&orderBy=&categoryId=400158

Nite Rider 950 would be an excellent choice:  http://www.performancebike.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10052_10551_1209425_-1_400158__400158

• Like 1

Ah that sucks, thanks for getting back to me. So the rm flywheel will not work with the rmx stator? Rm flywheel too small? At a guess?

If I managed to get the rmx stator and flywheel on there and crank if necessary would the engine run ok? Would the timing all stay the same etc? Are you 100% sure about the crank being bigger, the rmx must use the same main bearings. I really want a proper 12v battery and charging system on there if possible, obviously within reason, I don't want a £500 aftermarket set! Thanks again for your help. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Rich83 said:

Ah that sucks, thanks for getting back to me. So the rm flywheel will not work with the rmx stator? Rm flywheel too small? At a guess?

If I managed to get the rmx stator and flywheel on there and crank if necessary would the engine run ok? Would the timing all stay the same etc? Are you 100% sure about the crank being bigger, the rmx must use the same main bearings. I really want a proper 12v battery and charging system on there if possible, obviously within reason, I don't want a £500 aftermarket set! Thanks again for your help. 

This was brought up a few years ago, someone wanted to do the same thing.  The problem was that the left side of the RMX crank is bigger and uses a different main bearing, most likely to support the heavier flywheel.  He never got past installing the crank so there's no telling if the ignition timing marks were the same (most likely they are).  So yes, the RMX crank does use a larger diameter shaft for the flywheel and because it's a taper there's no way that your going to be able to make an adapter.  

At the end of the day you will be buying a crank, RMX flywheel, stator, pulse sensor, possibly the RMX CDI, the RMX regulator and if you go with a battery then you will also need an aftermarket rectifier ~ plus what ever lights you plan on installing.