fuel issues

bike starts and dies,pulled pump and found it out of place,re positioned still wont run,looks like pressure regulator is by passing fuel back into tank,does anyone know if a pressure regulator is available anywhere? Thanks for any help

Which bike? My '17 FE501 just had a failed pressure regulator (got in under the wire with a warranty replacement). Yeah, the pump sounded different. I took off the gas cap and the tank looked like a Jacuzzi running on the inside. I wonder if this is going to be another situation like the clutch slave cylinder (which I ALSO just got replaced under warranty).

mine had a bad regulator also/way out of warranty got one from moto for 610 delivered will install tomorrow.any body know if you can buy that regulator anywhere?

if you can see the fuel inside the tank looking like a jacuzzi then the pump is bad.....or it least thats what mine looked like in my 17 FE....mine was fixed on warranty, I hear the California Cycleworks aftermarket pump is better and cheaper. 

Edited by nsrrider

Not sure on expected life of the full pump, I know some have run a 1000 hours without issue. Seems more like its whether you get a defective one right off the bat.