Fork height question

06 yz250 with X mods, set up for woods. Right now my forks are set so that the groove is flush with the top of the triple clamp. Can I drop the fork tops flush with the triple. I ask because at this weekends enduro the front felt extremely heavy and would oversteer badly...enough to eat bark a few times. Bike is sprung to my weight and sag is at 103mm.

If the question is just can I, yes. It will not harm the fork tubes to set flush, or up to the third line. I run my forks right at the cap, with no gold tube exposed. 

• Like 1

Try with the tube flush with clamp. I believe that is stock setting. That's where I run mine with 103 sag and I like it very much, Very stable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monk said:

So what changed to make it feel this way now opposed to what it felt like before?

What's your sag at? 

Changed rear spring because last spring didn't have enough static sag. Sag is at 103mm just like the previous spring.

16 minutes ago, zeke383 said:

Changed rear spring because last spring didn't have enough static sag. Sag is at 103mm just like the previous spring.

So it's not just simple answer of fork height...I believe you'll have some playing around to do... 

8 hours ago, Monk said:

So it's not just simple answer of fork height...I believe you'll have some playing around to do... 

Agreed, just wanted to make sure that was one one of the things I could try. My goal is to dedicate a day this weekend to just testing.

Assuming you are riding over some bumps then it sounds like you need to speed up up the fork rebound. Which would make sense if you installed softer springs. The clickers are there to be used. They make a big difference.