Euro Map Verification?

I was told that My bike has the Euro map installed in it.  All the smog stuff is still attached.  Where is the solenoid that I need to disconnect to confirm I do in fact have the euro map located?  If my bike throws a code, will plugging it back in remove the code? If I do have the map, what setting are you guys using on the TPS

if you have euro map you can disconnected the solenoid between front sprocket and starter . mine is not there anymore and no code . 

vacuum hose from solenoid goes to cylinder between throttle body and head on throttle side .

you can plug and remove everything including reed valve between air filter and throttle body .

also you can gut out the 2 screen in the muffler cap end . one inside and the one outside that you see .

you can cut the lip on the air box cover the help make it bread a little more . sleaven racing on YouTube have goo video off that . 

tps set at 0 ,6volt and euro map is a nice place to begin . 

• Like 1

No Not yet.  I got home too late yesterday.  Hopefully today.  

Before I go yanking on stuff, do I pull the plug circled in red? or the 2 plugs circled in yellow? Id have to pull the tank to follow the tubes coming out the neck.  IMG_4578.thumb.PNG.ec7a9a330d16e65d47b61b69740da0e6.PNG

Edited by xrbrp

6 hours ago, bldmtnrider said:

Were you able to confirm you have the euro map?

pull on red or yellow? If yellow, both the top and bottom plugs?

IMG_4579.JPG

Edit. Red circle is the starter. Yellow is the emissions solenoid that gets disconnected to test for map

Edited by xrbrp

I'm thinking its the yellow based on Cisco 1 description.

Ya, just unplug the jumper (yellow) and take it for a spin. If it throws a code you can go from there.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bldmtnrider said:

Ya, just unplug the jumper (yellow) and take it for a spin. If it throws a code you can go from there.

Ok Thanks.  I think it has a top and bottom plug.  do they both need to be disconnected and do I have to cover the openings to try and keep them free of contaminants when riding it on the street? 

Should be one plug with (I think) 2 small wires. Lift the tab and slide the plug out.

You can leave the hoses hooked up.

• Like 1

Thanks bldmntrider and Cisco 1. Took it apart rode up and down the block a few times. Let it idle for a few minutes and no code. For those like me that don't know what it is l (assuming there are others and probably wrong) I took some photos. 

IMG_4581.thumb.JPG.db4ce393ff6a4b525a69e148de0be8eb.JPGIMG_4582.thumb.JPG.ab64617ef8cc167b4a033d5634276a78.JPGIMG_4584.thumb.JPG.53d1ed55ac8237fa9ae2daa810e86ed9.JPGIMG_4585.thumb.JPG.4d572367dd84513100f7d90c3f0d4dd6.JPG

if you unplug that plug and no code you have euro mapping . you should have a code before getting on the seat . you hare good to go . don,t remove the stuff if you hare not sure what going on . 

11 minutes ago, cisco 1 said:

if you unplug that plug and no code you have euro mapping . you should have a code before getting on the seat . you hare good to go . don,t remove the stuff if you hare not sure what going on . 

I will most likely leave the smog stuff attached and just adjust the tps. I was going to buy a vortex but I don't need it now. 

The exhaust end cap is modified and reeds removed. Bike ran good until the reeds came out now it runs hot. Guess I will try and set the tps to .60 and see where that goes. 

It was was pretty simple to check the plug unless don't know what you are looking for. I have the repair manual and couldn't find anything emissions related.   

Edited by xrbrp