2012 WR450 Large Capacity Fuel Tank

Who makes the best tank for a 2012 FI WR450. Best fit and fuel capacity. Do you need any special tools to take the old tank off? Thanks, Bruce!!

Edited by bigbruce

4 hours ago, bigbruce said:

Who makes the best tank for a 2012 FI WR450. Best fit and fuel capacity. Do you need any special tools to take the old tank off? Thanks, Bruce!!

Define 'special' ?

I just installed my IMS yesterday.

It was a complete pain in the arse to do, but the fit and finish is nice. No leaks. I say that only because my buddy got one and it leaked from factory, had to send it back for replacement. His second one is fine. 

Note that this tank, along with any aftermarket tank, isn't going to fit as easily as stock because it's crowding a lot of space into a little space. 

I had to "tweak" three of my bracket tabs to get mine to fit properly with vice grips and a hammer. I also have a bent radiator, so that doesn't help things. She fit in there though and looks great. 

+1 for the 3gal IMS tank.  The fit and finish is very good, MXJunky had zero problems installing it to his '15 WR450.  It was actually easier than installation of the IMS on his YZ250 smoker.