Engine locked up????

Ok so I went to practice track last Saturday.  Everything was fine bike ran great. Track was super muddy. Brought bike home pressure washed it. Went to go riding with my brother and when I went to start the bike my kick starter was stuck. Thought it was dirt or something so I gave it a good kick. Kickstarter went down and came back up. Now it wont budge. Put bike in fifth gear to see if it would cycle the engine... nothin. Can rotate the engine quater turn one way and same in other direction.  And can hear it stop in both directions.  Somethings messed up. Like I said bike ran fine. Shut it off and loaded it up. Now the things not moving.

I would start with taking off the head and cylinder to see what the piston looks like.  I would either say your piston is toast or the crank/bearings are toast.  

Sorry, but time to tear down the engine.

Thats what im thinking. Topend was done not long ago. But never the lower end. Maybe its time to find a yz250 engine and slap that in there.:ride:

Thats what im thinking. Topend was done not long ago. But never the lower end. Maybe its time to find a yz250 engine and slap that in there.:ride:

You could do that, but just buying a lower end kit and doing it yourself will be much cheaper!

I had a RMZ 250 that I purchased with a locked up engine, so it was either the piston or crank. I couldn't tell until I pulled the head and cylinder off to see if the frank would move freely with the cylinder removed. In my case, the piston was fine, but the crank would not turn at all. Required a new crank and bearings. It was my first split engine procedure. A bit intimidating, but afterwards, I saved a TON of money.
First, I'd pull the spark plug and see if you filled the engine with water when you washed it....

Great point!!!

Im real careful when washing my bike. Not to spray water near airbox or exhaust.But i did pull the plug. And pulled valve cover off to see if I may have snapped my timing chain. I just have to take it apart and investigate.  I just couldn't understand why all of a sudden the bikes locked up.  I was hoping and still not sure if theres anything in the kickstart that might have broke and  is jaming it up. Wishful thinking really.  Crank can just be stuck the next time you go to start your bike? I mean I only stopped riding because it was time to leave. No symptoms whats so ever. 

Ive split the case on my son's ttr50 to change 2nd gear. So im sure I could do the crank in my bike. Would you go with oem or like hotrods? Well guess ill tear it apart this week. And ill let you know what it is.