DR650 Exhaust

Hi guys.  I recently found a 40F0 muffler for my DR650 and I'm buying a pro-cycle mid pipe kit for it.  My question is, will there be much benefit to using an FMF power bomb header or will stock do just as well?  Also, if anyone has a line on a mounting offset bracket for the 40F0 I would be interested.  I know the pro-cycle kit has a strap, but i like the idea of using the existing mounting bracket.  I have no welding skills to be able to reposition the bracket on the 40F0.

Edited by Rhinothumper

FYI:  I'm using a 35fo with a Pro Cycle mid pipe, I also removed the stock head pipe and ground the inside weld down (where it mates up to the cylinder head).  Personally I think that this is a great sounding package and wished that the factory would have done it.

As for the OP questions:  "YES", the FMF power bomb with the Pro Cycle mid pipe will bolt on, not sure of the benefit ~ there will be some I just don't know how much.  If you can swing it then definitely do it.  The Pro Cycle mid pipe does come with a strap to clamp and mount the muffler but I didn't like it either, it's not a supplied quality issue I just wanted a stronger bracket.  With the 35fo (not sure about the 40fo) you can drill a second hole in the stock muffler bracket and bolt directly to the factory muffler mount, works great.

IMG_2169.JPG

• Like 1

So, update for this thread.  I got the mid pipe kit from power cycle today and installed everything.  I also took the time to grind the weld inside the header and got a bit more air flow from that as well.  I have started the bike and it sounds good but have yet to take it for a spin to see if I notice any difference.  Thanks for the input guys.  

On 7/11/2017 at 11:32 AM, zig06 said:

FYI:  I'm using a 35fo with a Pro Cycle mid pipe, I also removed the stock head pipe and ground the inside weld down (where it mates up to the cylinder head).  Personally I think that this is a great sounding package and wished that the factory would have done it.

As for the OP questions:  "YES", the FMF power bomb with the Pro Cycle mid pipe will bolt on, not sure of the benefit ~ there will be some I just don't know how much.  If you can swing it then definitely do it.  The Pro Cycle mid pipe does come with a strap to clamp and mount the muffler but I didn't like it either, it's not a supplied quality issue I just wanted a stronger bracket.  With the 35fo (not sure about the 40fo) you can drill a second hole in the stock muffler bracket and bolt directly to the factory muffler mount, works great.

IMG_2169.JPG

I was able to drill another hole with the 40F0 as well.  Worked out nicely and thanks for the input.