Sign in to follow this  

03 vs new

Hey guys, wondering if anybody can help me out here. Going to look at an 03 TTR 125 for my wife tonight. Looks like it has a real low hours and appears to be in great shape. ( asking 1500 )  I'm just wondering what the biggest changes. Obviously electric start would be nice. What else has changed over the years of significance? Thanks for any responses.

I just picked up a 2015 for $1600.  Plus, I got a 2003 with a BBR swingarm, BBR cradle, CR85 forks, works shock, etc. for $1300.

Edited by socalxr

THe 2015 (looks new, still has tire nipples) was originally $2400, but it was on Craigslist for at least a month.  THey dropped the price, and said they wouldn't take less than $1800, but we said $1600 and I'll pick it up right now.  The fully modded 2003 had bad pictures and didn't list too much.  He didn't build it, so he didn't really knew what he had. he was only asking $1200, but when I called he said two guys are getting it tomorrow, so I offered him $1300 and I'll take it now, but he didn't budge.  Those two didn't show up and I drove over as fast as I could.  The main thing is go after the ones that have been on there a while, they are more desperate to get rid of it. Then offer them a low price and be ready to pick up that in less than hour.  Make it sound like you're doing them a favor by getting it out of their garage and they won't have to worry about it any more.  I suck at negotiating, that's why I either do it on the phone or text. Oh, since most stock TTR125's start badly and run kinda crappy, use that to your advantage.  Don't take "it'll just need a carb clean or rebuild."  Either say no or that's about $300 at the dealer.  How about $800? 

Edited by socalxr
can't write
  • Like 1