Debating spring rate for my DRZ

I upgraded my springs, front and rear, two years ago using the Racetech calculator to determine spring rate. The bike is a '05 drz400s, and I weigh 180lbs without gear and about 195 geared up. I went with .48 front and 5.7 rear.

I've never felt like the suspension was really set up correctly. On pavement, in corners, it tends to feel like it's falling into the corner. The bike just doesn't feel planted or balance. I went by a reputable suspension shop in my area to ask about bringing the bike in to have the sag set and clickers adjusted. When I told him I was running .48 up front he said that was way too stiff and would never recommend higher than .44. I'm going to put the stock .43 (I think) back in and see how that feels. In the meantime, does anyone have comments on any of this?

Thanks.

Not familiar with DRZ or it's suspension but some basic apply no matter what:

Are the original springs and the new .48 the same overall length ?

If not, measure the spring preload with both as minor changes can make major handling differences.

As an example, reducing preload by 3mm on my YZ125 MX'er pretty much eliminated a

front tire 'washout' condition on corner entry, which I had always blamed my choice of tire for.

So I put the original springs back in and the ride is much improved. I guess the race tech calculator isn't always right. ;)