2 extra wires? can i use them to run a light or something?

1 hour ago, Chuck. said:

what year and model?

2002 honda xr200r...... black cable that comes out of the left side case and runs up under the gas tank, has 3 wires coming out if it but i only use 1.....the other 2 arent connected to anything.....hope that helps

1 hour ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

What color are the wires left over ?

have to get back to you on that tmr......im too scared to go into the garage at night, we have bears roaming around the neighborhood at night getting into everything.....

The wires should be a yellow and a pink. The wiring harness should have two bullet connectors for those wires, they are a short jumper that shorts out the alternator.  The two wires are designed as input to a rectifier to charge a battery but can be used to run lights by adding a regulator, I'm using a 4 wire AC regulator from a XR250R on my 01 200. 

57 minutes ago, Chuck. said:

The wires should be a yellow and a pink. The wiring harness should have two bullet connectors for those wires, they are a short jumper that shorts out the alternator.  The two wires are designed as input to a rectifier to charge a battery but can be used to run lights by adding a regulator, I'm using a 4 wire AC regulator from a XR250R on my 01 200. 

thanks chuck......if i get a headlight ill ask more questions ......i have no clue how to wire things up....