So here is the problem I am in; I want to freshen up my old 2001 WR250f, I currently have the Hurricane Hannah Graphics (Tells you when I last did this) in fact I got it by busting my butt for my dad when we were selling his house and he got the kit for me as a reward and we put it on (Great Memories); but back to being on topic. So I am searching online and I noticed that the pickings for a WR especially a 01 is about as good as a finding a women at a all male school right now. So I was wondering since the frame is unchanged until 2007 when they went to the Aluminum frame does anyone know if the 2001-2006 plastic will bolt on? Cause I want to find the Yellow Plastic again, as I am a huge fan of the old Yamaha graphics kit as you can see from my YZ250x and my 01 WR. Does anyone know who still makes yellow plastic for this old bike and if the 2001-2006 plastic (with minor mods as my 2001 YZ250f plastic that's on it needed a bit of modding) will fit on the bike? Thank you in Advance!

IMG_4760.jpg

IMG_4774.jpg

• Like 2

Well, 01/02 is unique.  The subframe changed in 03 so the seat, rear fender, and number plates don't swap.  Front fender you're GTG.  

You have to go backwards to 2000, 99, 98 to YZ 400, 426.  You might try searching on TT to see what you can find on it.  What you have looks nice from 20 ft., but I understand wanting to freshen it up too.  Good luck with it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ronbuell said:

Well, 01/02 is unique.  The subframe changed in 03 so the seat, rear fender, and number plates don't swap.  Front fender you're GTG.  

You have to go backwards to 2000, 99, 98 to YZ 400, 426.  You might try searching on TT to see what you can find on it.  What you have looks nice from 20 ft., but I understand wanting to freshen it up too.  Good luck with it.

Yeah she does look good 20 feet away, but she is starting to show her age, in fact i'm trying to do a rebuild and fix some of the damaged parts that I broke in high school so 03-07 and trying my best not to screw up a cam chain swap, as I haven't actually done one on her, haven't needed too since I take really good care of the motor and run good oil and change it frequently. But I will take a look at that, maybe I can find something though if I am going to swap plastics I maybe stuck going back to Blue.

Motosport or Rockymountain may have part of what you need, and you may have to mix n match parts from different sources to get what you need.  

Cam chain is pretty basic once you know the trick to working the cams out.  Take the tensioner out, then lift up on the intake cam on the opposite end from the bearing.  That will give you room to lift the chain off the sprocket easily.  Be especially careful with the centering clip on the underside of the cam bearings.  It will stick in the head or in the bearing, and at the wrong time, drop into the case.  One of those magnets on a stick is handy for fishing expeditions if that happens... but its dicy.  If you don't have a flywheel puller, its a necessary tool for that job. If you have done a valve adjustment, then you know about all that though.