98 cr 250

Im not even sure bike keeps fouling plugs if i put a fresh spark plug in br8eg bike cuts on first kick will sit & idles fine nice an strong the moment i touch the gas half throttle it starts to boog but if i nail the throttle it will scream nice response then half throttle boog boog spark plug plenty of compression coming from the bottom end or tbe kicker far as premix i have 8oz of motul on top of 2 gallons on 93 premium gas someone please help me before I leave this bike on the side of the road on New Jersey Route 54

Ive had an issue with bad gas before i took the whole tank off dump it blew it out with air blew the peacock out with air put back on with right gas hoping to just blow out the old bad gas could it be the old bad gas cloog up a jet or something

It's possible that old bad gas may have clogged up the jets but it almost sound like the bike is running rich. These bikes are notorious for that. Take the float bowl off the carb and check for green/yellow sludge and also tell us what main jet and pilot jet are in the carb. Also, check what position the clip is in on this needle. I suspect rich jetting.

What oil/fuel ratio are you going for? I personally run 40:1 in my 01 cr250.

Yeah hopefully it doesn't cost you too much.
You were running 32:1 ratio which is the Honda recommended ratio but is known to fowl plugs more easily depending on the oil used. Some oils are meant to be as high as 100:1 so at 32:1 it would probably fowl plugs although I've never tried this theory.

• Like 1

Would the weather have anything2 do with it cause i was trail riding all winter same mixture bike running great as soon as it warmed up I got a carb job done and my bikes been acting up ever since

If it was running good before the carb job then my assumption is that whoever did the carb job changed something possibly.
Was anything replaced do you know? I ask because I bought a carb rebuild kit and it came with all the wrong size jets and wrong needle for where I am haha. All I needed was the float needle/seat luckily. If stuff was changed, did they give you your old parts? Or tell you what jets came out and what went back in?

Hmm it's just weird that it was running good till you got the carb cleaned up. Something must of changed somehow. How many turns out is your airscrew from tight? I've never tuned one of those carbs so I can't think of much more.

To be honest I never I never played with the air screw cuz I never knew how it worked I had a couple guys around who had CR 125 at the time I let them go ahead and play with the air screw one guy I turned up so high the bike stayed on for a little longer than it usually do

You should definitely adjust your airscrew then. Always have that adjusted somewhat properly before re-jetting. If you jet it too lean(lower numbers) you can harm your motor.

Do some research on what the stock airscrew setting is for that year of CR. I'm assuming that bike has a kiehn pwk carb? Between 1-1/2 turns out up to 2 turns out I believe. Powerjet carb says 2 and non-powerjet carb says 1-1/2. Turn the airscrew all the way in till it stops but don't tighten, be gentle. Note that position then turn it out as mentioned above. Try to do this with a warm motor if possible. Doesn't have to be smokin hot but it's best to test idle when the bike is warm.

It was the carburetor the pin tht holds floats was loose & looks like i wont beable to use this carb again because were the pin sits the wholes are 2 big so the carb was just filling up with gas