What is the best brand of trials bike?

Hey guys I'm new to the trials bike topic and I was looking for a low down on the different brand stereotypes (such as *this brand* fall apart while you're looking at it, but this one is good!) 

Thank you!!

Here's my opinion.  Around here you'll mainly see Gas Gas, Beta and Montessa. There are a couple of Scorpa's but not many.  So I'd recommend these personally:

2-Stroke - Beta

4-Stroke - Montessa

I have a Gas Gas and it's light, powerful, etc.. but their dealer network sucks, parts availability is troublesome especially if you have a bike from right around when they went bankrupt.  I have a '14 and they used a different ignition in that year that wansn't used in the older bikes and wasn't used in the post bankruptcy bikes and it's been a nightmare.  The Gas Gas dealers here are really bad.  It's like pulling teeth to get basic information.  Even the big trials bike dealers seem to know little to nothing about the bikes.  I've been sent the wrong parts numerous times even sfter sending them pictures of the exact parts in my bike.

Honestly if you are just starting out in trials almost any of the trials bikes will work as long as you have good parts support.  All the bikes are tough and will do WAY, WAY more than you'll be capable of in your first few years.   You may also want to see what is ridden most in your local club.  That's important because those guys can help you when you have a problem.  Plus at s competition, when you break something, someone will have a spare to loan you.

Doc

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Doc_d said:

Here's my opinion.  Around here you'll mainly see Gas Gas, Beta and Montessa. There are a couple of Scorpa's but not many.  So I'd recommend these personally:

2-Stroke - Beta

4-Stroke - Montessa

I have a Gas Gas and it's light, powerful, etc.. but their dealer network sucks, parts availability is troublesome especially if you have a bike from right around when they went bankrupt.  I have a '14 and they used a different ignition in that year that wansn't used in the older bikes and wasn't used in the post bankruptcy bikes and it's been a nightmare.  The Gas Gas dealers here are really bad.  It's like pulling teeth to get basic information.  Even the big trials bike dealers seem to know little to nothing about the bikes.  I've been sent the wrong parts numerous times even sfter sending them pictures of the exact parts in my bike.

Honestly if you are just starting out in trials almost any of the trials bikes will work as long as you have good parts support.  All the bikes are tough and will do WAY, WAY more than you'll be capable of in your first few years.   You may also want to see what is ridden most in your local club.  That's important because those guys can help you when you have a problem.  Plus at s competition, when you break something, someone will have a spare to loan you.

Doc

This is good advice.  The part support is very important.  I was looking at some older gas gas bikes myself until I looked into parts. Had a hard time finding basic things to keep the bikes running. So now I'm looking at the Betas.  

20 minutes ago, MotoXkid said:

Thanks for the advice, what kinds of parts should I be looking to replace?

Anything that could wear out or break. The motors are generally reliable but anything could happen. Plastic, bearings, ignition, clutch, cables, gaskets, pistons and rings, suspension components,  brakes and so on .