2006 kx450 no neutral gear ?

I got the bike used and took the right side cover off found the 2 oil pump gears broken? so I removed them and bike went in neutral so problem solved? maybe. I put side cover on and went to start bike cant find neutral? have all gears but that one neutral? Very disappointed any help would be good at that stage i'm hoping this is something easy to fix. I can go up and down on the shiftier in the gears but that neutral just can't be found. Am I missing something ? Yes neutral!i Wounder why the oil pump gears broke in first place? and why when I removed them neutral came back? Someone please help me I need this bike to live out my dreams of having fun I have 24.6 aces of land mostly forest and would like to take it for a drive before summer is gone. I have a shop with tools just tell me what to do please.does anyone know whats on the other side of those gears?

Edited by Painless69
mistake

I got the bike used and took the right side cover off found the 2 oil pump gears broken? so I removed them and bike went in neutral so problem solved? maybe. I put side cover on and went to start bike cant find neutral? have all gears but that one neutral? Very disappointed any help would be good at that stage i'm hoping this is something easy to fix. I can go up and down on the shiftier in the gears but that neutral just can't be found. Am I missing something ? Yes neutral!i Wounder why the oil pump gears broke in first place? and why when I removed them neutral came back? Someone please help me I need this bike to live out my dreams of having fun I have 24.6 aces of land mostly forest and would like to take it for a drive before summer is gone. I have a shop with tools just tell me what to do please.does anyone know whats on the other side of those gears?

Not sure I can really answer your question but I rebuilt my bike last year and have pictures of it every step of the tear down. I will put a few up of the area I think you need. If you need more let me know. I also have a service manual if you have a Dropbox I could share it with you. Could it be something with the gear position switch? Or the shift cam? IMG_20160407_163405905.jpg.c3752f5c851d9b3752959ecee73a2e7f.jpgIMG_20160408_114409576.jpg.bf1d6a1a5166b5ca2d3d2d41dc5617fd.jpgIMG_20160408_120255323.jpg.d3ca3a49606f2ab33dc101bff2dd7c24.jpg

• Like 1

I must have done something wrong I'm going to redo to night i printed your pictures thanks I just need to take it slow no rush.I have never started that bike didn't see a choke? also what does that little half handle pull do on the left handle bar next to the clutch?

Edited by Painless69

I must have done something wrong I'm going to redo to night i printed your pictures thanks I just need to take it slow no rush.I have never started that bike didn't see a choke? also what does that little half handle pull do on the left handle bar next to the clutch?

It's a hot start when your bike it hot you pull that to make it easier to start.

I don't know what's going on but I took the right side off then the left cover and it looks ok same as your picture then I tried the gears just pushing the shifter with my hand and found neutral and it's in neutral WTF am I going insane?

8 hours ago, Painless69 said:

I don't know what's going on but I took the right side off then the left cover and it looks ok same as your picture then I tried the gears just pushing the shifter with my hand and found neutral and it's in neutral WTF am I going insane?

Check so the spring on the shifter isn't broken. 

The one on the right side

Do you have a picture of this? I do have good movement on the shiftier it does feel good like there is a spring but you could be right,

49 minutes ago, Painless69 said:

Do you have a picture of this? I do have good movement on the shiftier it does feel good like there is a spring but you could be right,

My mistake, I was thinking of a shifter rod from my old bike

4 strokes ... I forgot about the oil pumps and the extra BS down there too.

Hope you were told there was a problem before you bought it. I don't like dishonest people who sell problems.

I enjoy my 450 for a blast every coupla months, but I don't envy you having to split that sucker to try find the broken pieces causing the trouble.

On 11/07/2017 at 8:56 PM, Painless69 said:

I have 24.6 aces of land

24, 25 or 200. Doesn't matter when the bike is broke and your northern winter is coming.  If you thanked the guys here who tried to help you already then perhaps they'd have kept helping. Simple stuff. 

My advice is you download the Kawi service manual. Easy to find the PDF file if you search. Also get the owner's manual.

well I gave his pictures a like I think that is a thank? any way the thing is in neutral now looks like his pictures and now I have a broken oil plug stuck in the oil hole only the magnet part is left with some thread i'm hoping I can get it out I was stupid to buy that green stuff from a USA seller I thought it would be strong but it broke lesson learned.I paid for a full book on the bike from ebay .

• Like 1