Black rims for life

Picking up my 2017 X today, thought I would start my own thread instead of contaminating everybody else's.

My previous two strokes were in this order.

1977 yz100 (yes I am that old) Can't count how many times I seized that one up.

1990 yz 250 a really good trail bike

2006 yz 250 rode it every weekend for five years, it finally started acting up. Powervalve? Ignition? Best suspension ever.

2009 250XC Because I thought "How bad could it be?" It was ok but forks were always harsh.

2015 yz 250 NEW, rode it once and then sold it for the 200 (It's a boring story).

2015 KTM 200 Absolutely the worst smoker I ever owned, dicked with the suspension and handling for two years, glad it is gone.

2002 yz250 for a chainsaw hauler, best motor ever (still have it).

The X will get

Hand guards

Ims tank

Glide plate

Greased

Spark arrestor

Pipe guard

Jetted

This is where I ride. Drop me a line if you are ever in the area.

Edited by RollieW
  • Like 6

peanut butter and jelly....  :thumbsup:  the new ktms and huskys are nice but i don't think they can match the yamaha reliability. so many friends have bought the x and they are really happy with it, i've ridden a few and i can say it's a really great bike with more versatility that virtually any bike on the market.   

enjoy

• Like 1

My buddy (previous 09 300 and 14 300 owner) Got his a week ago and is raving about it. Says in the tight uphill sections the motor has better pull off the bottom and throughout the range, same as my 02. He is a muscle head and 270 lbs, says suspension is fine. He never even jetted 600ft and under, just turned the screw and it never loaded up.

1 hour ago, RollieW said:

Picking up my 2017 X today, thought I would start my own thread instead of contaminating everybody else's.

My previous two strokes were in this order.

1977 yz100 (yes I am that old) Can't count how many times I seized that one up.

1990 yz 250 a really good trail bike

2006 yz 250 rode it every weekend for five years, it finally started acting up. Powervalve? Ignition? Best suspension ever.

2009 250XC Because I thought "How bad could it be?" It was ok but forks were always harsh.

2015 yz 250 NEW, rode it once and then sold it for the 200 (It's a boring story).

2015 KTM 200 Absolutely the worst smoker I ever owned, dicked with the suspension and handling for two years, glad it is gone.

2002 yz250 for a chainsaw hauler, best motor ever (still have it).

The X will get

Hand guards

Ims tank

Glide plate

Greased

Spark arrestor

Pipe guard

Jetted

Love that trail, but the slow speed scares the crap out me. Been on trails like that but prefer a little more momentum than KTM rider. 

Shifter loose of course, drained a crap load of oil from the check bolt.

Nooooo Forget the check bolt. Long story but it's in the wrong place! Install 750 mL like it says on the side cover at a minimum.

• Like 4

Nooooo Forget the check bolt. Long story but it's in the wrong place! Install 750 mL like it says on the side cover at a minimum. 

I bought a cheap measuring cup just for oil changes lol
  • Like 2

Turbinecore (much lighter than stock) and skid plate installed, I got the 17 but must say the blue wheels on the 18's are pretty sweet looking in person.

Yah man, that check bolt will put you 350ml low and you'll burn clutches, bearings and gears will wear fast. 

Edited by P84ONE
  • Like 2

The Beta rider has target fixation. He's not focussing on trail ahead but obsessing instead on the ledges aside him. Need to focus on trail tread.... :ride:

18 hours ago, P84ONE said:

Yah man, that check bolt will put you 350ml low...

7 hours ago, RollieW said:

Measured it. 350 low exactly..

Bam! Thanks for the verification, Rollie. :thumbsup:

And congrats on the new toy! :ride:

• Like 1