YZ450F EFI trail/enduro mods?

I recently got a 2011 yz450f injected bike and I mostly woods ride. I'm getting a better skid plate with more side coverage, a headlight,  and some radiator braces. Any other mods to make it better for trails? I like how powerful it is just wanting to at some more ease of riding/protection to the bike.

Considering an auto clutch but I don't feel like I need to get one as I haven't rode a bike with one.

Hand guards and 18" rear wheel would be good additions, and a spark arrestor and quieter exhaust should be mandatory if riding on public land.

A larger tank too if you want to do any decent rides.

On 7/11/2017 at 6:59 PM, Woodchuck92 said:

I recently got a 2011 yz450f injected bike and I mostly woods ride. I'm getting a better skid plate with more side coverage, a headlight,  and some radiator braces. Any other mods to make it better for trails? I like how powerful it is just wanting to at some more ease of riding/protection to the bike.

dude i have the same year/model bike  :D and it is awesome bike .

1st. and most important: map your ECU.

2nd. i suggest you to get a Michelin bib mouse or at least put a ticker tube in the tyre .

3rd. if you riding trails / wood you may need to install a complete metal handlebar to protect your finger from loosing them ;)  (it is a MUST to do form me personally) .

IMG_2017-07-04 18:15:01.jpg

Edited by aminem
  • Like 1

A Rekluse in a must IMO, just installed the new Rekluse RadiusX in mine and love it plus all things listed above are great as well.

Edited by Wrfrk
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Wrfrk said:

A Rekluse in a must IMO, just installed the new Rekluse RadiusX in mine and love it plus all things listed above are great as well.

I do always want to install a rekluse , it can cost 1200 USD to buy it here (sweden). but compare to my bike price which is 2600 USD its almost half of the price of my bike :/ :( . 

I also ride a 2011 yz450. I highly recommend suspension work and the heavier GYTR flywheel. From there mapping changes. I have an 18" rear wheel but it isn't necessary.

Rode a 2013 with battlecross x30 tires f/r 110/90 in the rear, tubliss front and rear, non brake levers $20 ebay cheapos, nice $40 ebay cheapo foot pegs (I live by these though), full fmf 4.1 pipe exhaust header bomb. Stock mapping. I could smoke anyone on the track and in the woods. It only got sketchy in super tight terrain with no hand guards and after watching my friend smash his middle finger on a tree. I think the tubliss helped a ton with preventing spin. My front always leaked a little and stayed at 5-6 psi and it was perfect. Rear was always about 9psi. Never had a deflect issue, stock suspension settings (170lbs dry, probably 190 wet). I was in Georgia in 90 degree weather plus on crazy single track and I boiled off a radiators worth of coolant and never knew bikes sound like a tea kettle when that happens.

I only sold it because I had to pay for a garage to be built. I recently picked up a 2015 450f and I really liked the 17 which I tested on the motor cross track and the turning is wayyyy better. The turning on the 10-13 circa line was my only complaint. So I'm hoping this will do as much work as my 13 did.

IMG_5387.jpg

Edited by Ride_Flip_Repeat
  • Like 1