Jump to content

2010 crf 250r wont run

Recommended Posts

I have a 2010 crf 250r I recently bought, I can get it to start for maybe a couple seconds, then it stalls. I believe it is getting too much gas, the exhaust smells like gas, once it is started. Is there a way to adjust the fuel injection? What"s causing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bryce Nebeker said:

I have a 2010 crf 250r I recently bought, I can get it to start for maybe a couple seconds, then it stalls. I believe it is getting too much gas, the exhaust smells like gas, once it is started. Is there a way to adjust the fuel injection? What"s causing this?

You should not need to 'adjust' anything. FI does not drift over time.

 You DO need to do the recommended maintenence:

- remove the fuel pump and replace or clean the filter. It will be ruined. If you and the PO have been trying to run it with a clogged filter, the pump will need replacing.

- remove the FI nozzle and pressure clean it

- change the plug and inspect the wire and cap

FI and Carb bike both need to run FUEL TREATMENT in order to prevent corrosion.

FI bikes need to have the fuel FILTERED before putting it in the tank. Get a filter funnel.

You are smelling gas because the FI is not properly atomizing the fuel and the bike will not burn unatomized fuel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2017 at 3:57 PM, THE KRAN said:

You should not need to 'adjust' anything. FI does not drift over time.

 You DO need to do the recommended maintenence:

- remove the fuel pump and replace or clean the filter. It will be ruined. If you and the PO have been trying to run it with a clogged filter, the pump will need replacing.

- remove the FI nozzle and pressure clean it

- change the plug and inspect the wire and cap

FI and Carb bike both need to run FUEL TREATMENT in order to prevent corrosion.

FI bikes need to have the fuel FILTERED before putting it in the tank. Get a filter funnel.

You are smelling gas because the FI is not properly atomizing the fuel and the bike will not burn unatomized fuel.

I removed the fuel pump and it looked pretty old, so I bought a new one, bought a new spark plug, and cleaned the injector, but still doesn't idle. I had it pulled behind a car and bump start it, but once it is started you have to constantly keep giving it gas to keep it running. Also once it's running it doesn't run that good, as soon as you let off the throttle it dies. 

I was thinking that it is the throttle positioning sensor, and that needs to be set again, but i'm not sure.

Edited by Bryce Nebeker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bryce Nebeker said:

I removed the fuel pump and it looked pretty old, so I bought a new one, bought a new spark plug, and cleaned the injector, but still doesn't idle. I had it pulled behind a car and bump start it, but once it is started you have to constantly keep giving it gas to keep it running. Also once it's running it doesn't run that good, as soon as you let off the throttle it dies. 

I was thinking that it is the throttle positioning sensor, and that needs to be set again, but i'm not sure.

The TPS has nothing to do with it

If you have to bump start it, most likely you have a leaking intake valve. That is very common on that motor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The TPS has nothing to do with it

If you have to bump start it, most likely you have a leaking intake valve. That is very common on that motor.

[/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a 2010 crf 250r I recently bought, I can get it to start for maybe a couple seconds, then it stalls. I believe it is getting too much gas, the exhaust smells like gas, once it is started. Is there a way to adjust the fuel injection? What"s causing this?


Hey man have you tried checking the valve clearances ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 7:56 AM, ferrari96 said:

 


Hey man have you tried checking the valve clearances ?

 

Checked the valves everything is in spec.

 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:02 AM, THE KRAN said:

The TPS has nothing to do with it

If you have to bump start it, most likely you have a leaking intake valve. That is very common on that motor.

Is there a way to know for sure it's a leaky valve, without taking the whole motor apart?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 1:02 AM, THE KRAN said:

The TPS has nothing to do with it

If you have to bump start it, most likely you have a leaking intake valve. That is very common on that motor.

I checked the valves and those are in spec and are not leaking, I messed with the TPS a little bit and now i've got it to start and run while on the throttle. Once you let off the throttle it doesn't idle and stalls, it also runs a bit rough. The "choke", yellow knob doesn't seem to make a difference in the way it runs or starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bryce Nebeker said:

I checked the valves and those are in spec and are not leaking, I messed with the TPS a little bit and now i've got it to start and run while on the throttle. Once you let off the throttle it doesn't idle and stalls, it also runs a bit rough. The "choke", yellow knob doesn't seem to make a difference in the way it runs or starts.

Replace the pilot jet, and ream the passage above it with soft copper wire. 

Idle issue are the pilot jet circuit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×