No spark! Checked everything I could!

08 yz450f ran great a month and a half ago. No signs of any issues. Tried to start it the other day to load it up and nothing! Cleaned carb and added new fuel a week before because I thought I was going to take it out that weekend. Checked several things then decided to remove the tank and see if the plug was fouled. It was wet so I figured ok I'll use one of my new ones just to see if I have spark... Nothing at all. I have checked all of my grounds. Kill switch has been checked using ohm meter and continuity checked fine when pressed and clear at normal. Did resistance check on everything as stated in service manual and the only thing I show wrong is the "charge coil" check on the stator and it shows a reading of nothing... Just OL on volt meter. Now to me it seems like "charge coil" means it is used on a battery type system like a yz450fx model maybe? And in my case I don't have a battery so it may not use this coil on the stator? Or am I completely wrong? I ordered a new coil because I jumped the gun reading other forums and the new coil did nothing. So I believe it's either the stator or possibly the cdi but I'm not sure how to test the cdi. Any help would be much appreciated. Or if anybody lives close with and 06-08 that I could test their cdi that would be awesome! I live in sanger tx!

Hey krannie thanks for the quick reply! I did do those tests you are talking about... The section is 6-3 and it's the far bottom right test which is the two middle wires from the stator housing... I got the OL reading on that one but literally all of the others checked out fine

17 hours ago, Bailey303 said:

Hey krannie thanks for the quick reply! I did do those tests you are talking about... The section is 6-3 and it's the far bottom right test which is the two middle wires from the stator housing... I got the OL reading on that one but literally all of the others checked out fine

Your stator is toast then

Check the harness leaving the stator and the molex plug for opens/shorts