Parking spot on North Loop west Higgins Trail

Ok guys,  I see parking marked at the extreme southern tip of the route,  w pine drive/ deadstream rd.  But I want to use the Northern loop for kids/ beginning/intermediate riders,  so I am hoping for a parking area we can base out of the let kids ride portions.  anyone have any ideas?

thanks

A fair amount of people park on Moorsetown road where the trail crosses the road. If you park there you are pretty much at the start of the north loop. If you are look at the DNR map it is number 7

Edited by dconklin5421

On 7/13/2017 at 5:11 AM, dconklin5421 said:

A fair amount of people park on Moorsetown road where the trail crosses the road. If you park there you are pretty much at the start of the north loop. If you are look at the DNR map it is number 7

Thanks,  thats what I will plan for!

On 7/21/2017 at 5:39 AM, dconklin5421 said:

How did you like the north loop of Higgins?

unfortunately,  we didn't get that far.  the nearest trails were Kalkaska ORV, and the parking lot was less than 2 miles from our cabin,  right on M-72,  just east of Dingmans Tavern  and the Blue Buck.  so we started there 

parking lot was big - served as a great place to get beginners starting stopping and shifting properly, and then we had several 5 or 6 mile loops available, some 2 single track fairly easy, some 2 track and some "roads"  on each loop   so we could switch off riders.  Has 7 kids, 4 adults,  2 big bikes 250/ 300,  and a beginner 100.  everyone got to ride multiple times each day,  so all that worked out real well!