not sure if I put this in correct spot but anyway to start I have a 2016 tao db17 what I'm wanting to do is hook up a shift light/indicator as in want to see what gear I'm in an when in neutral, is there a kit I could buy or am I stuck with old fashion technique? I could probably fabricate some kind of switch if needed I'm really good with making things I have access to tooling machines. so if someone knows a way to make this work please let me know if it don't cost money I'm always down for a diy project

Train yourself to keep track of what gear you are in, after awhile it will become second nature.  There is a plus to this because you will them intuitively know if you need to downshift for terrain changes.
My neutral indicator is to slowly engage the clutch and I can feel if the bike tries to creep or the rpms slow. 

Edited by Chuck.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aussiedrzguy said:

Starlane make a gear position display that runs off revs and speed.

I was going to suggest something like that. Maybe throw in a position switch for neutral. Or it might be a little more complicated than that. 

thanks for the info I'm mostly wanting for neutral cause its a pain to get in neutral its a 4 sd so not hard to know what gear it is in, just when trying to get it in neutral I have to rock the bike to see if in gear. here is a new thought I had is there a way to bypass the safety kick, when in gear I cant just use clutch to kick it free wheels the kickstarter can I remove something so I can start it in gear by using clutch

16 hours ago, Jason Miller said:

thanks for the info I'm mostly wanting for neutral cause its a pain to get in neutral its a 4 sd so not hard to know what gear it is in, just when trying to get it in neutral I have to rock the bike to see if in gear. here is a new thought I had is there a way to bypass the safety kick, when in gear I cant just use clutch to kick it free wheels the kickstarter can I remove something so I can start it in gear by using clutch

On  most bikes youll have to "rock" the bike to get too neutral if the engine is shut down.

Bike gearboxes isent as refined as car gearboxes and its normal what is happening to you.

With time you will learn to find it easyer , but still you will have sometimes hard to find it, its normal.

If you dont put the gearposition senson inside the gearbox you will find out that it will show neutral but it will not be the case everytime

The best is to give the time to learn how it works

Edited by skorpan777