Need a new throttle tube... quick turn?

Yesterday when I cut the end of my grip off to add some hand guards I discovered that one of the previous owners had already hacked the end of the tube off and made one hell of a mess doing it.  :thumbsdn:

Now I know why my throttle sometimes feels sticky and not smooth.  The grip sticks to the bar when I hold the throttle just right.  Anyway, I figure that since I need a new one I'd ask if anybody knows of a good replacement?   Looking over some previous threads some have had good luck with the motion pro vortex.  Is it worth a try or should I just go with OEM?

https://www.motionpro.com/product/01-0054

20170711_161945[1].jpg

Racers will like a quick turn. Technical riders will like a slower turn

Racers will like a quick turn. Technical riders will like a slower turn

Not trying to start a debate, but I believe that's a personal preference. I hate the slow, stiff stock throttle on the 230 and I'm not a racer.

Back to the OP's question, sorry, I don't know what other options there are for throttles with the use of the stock carb since it's a push-pull system. I'm going with a PWK carb soon, which allows the use of a Motion Pro throttle assembly.

You could probably modify the diameter of the tube where the cable rides on to change the rate of pull if you keep the stock style throttle.

I guess to use the motion pro throttle tube on the crf230f all you have to do is remove the push cable or just not use it.  

17 hours ago, Tigereyes said:

For $25 you can get the brush guards that go with those MSR bark busters. They are a good investment.

Yeah I wanted the tusk aluminum handguards but couldn't find them in stock anywhere so I just grabbed these msr.  I got them mostly to protect my levers but may add some shields eventually, thanks.

Edited by jjmaine

I would just replace the stock nylon tube (available from Honda) until you change over to a PWK carb, then you need a new throttle and cable for the PWK.

yeah I can get by with the stock tube anyway.  It's not that big a deal.   Thanks everyone who posted.

• Like 1