TT intro '16 FE350S

Hey everyone, I've been lurking here for a while and just picked up my second bike a 2016 Husky FE350S. I'm coming off a '14 WR250R which I've ridden a ton(almost 18k miles) in the last 2.5 years. I started out riding on back roads and exploring fire roads. Now I really enjoy dirt riding on single track to remote scenic locations in the Sierra Nevada's. I'm still pretty green hoping to be a B level rider soon, I'm hoping this bike will help me progress a little faster being more powerful and much lighter weight. I've been looking for info on changes to make to the bike to stop the lean running condition and popping on deceleration. She just doesn't sound like she's running as well as she could be. I see a lot of info on de-smog kits for 17's but not 16's. Here's a few questions I have or things I'm looking for:

How to de-smog a 2016 

Stock off road FE350 exhaust end cap part#

more comfortable (hopefully lower) seat

even warm she doesn't always start up, any help here? 

I'm sure I'll have more questions I'm sure and I appreciate any help you all can give. 

PS, I did search for these things but either haven't used the right search key words or just can't find the info. Thanks again

I'll give you some info if you send me some remote Sierra Nevada single track info!   PM me! 

1- Heres a good thread about smog. I bought the parts from my local Ktm dealer 

2- don't know anything about end cap. Get an FMF it makes the bike come Alive. I have the full titanium setup- worth every penny  

3- I got the guts racing comfy seat. What a difference. My bro has a seat concepts and we both agree mine is better.  

4- adjust your idle to help with start. There is a little black knob.  I have noticed different elevations change how it will start  BIGGEST thing you can do to get easier start is have your ecu remapped (this will also help with overall performance).  Also, Dont just keep cranking it  if it won't start after several cranks let it sit 10 seconds and try again. 

my two cents- don't mess with your TPS.  Do the right upgrades when you have the cash.  I messed with my TPS as many threads suggest and didn't like the feel of the bike  kind of a bandaid solution in my opinion.

Have fun! I have loved every minute of this bike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GopherPride23 said:

I'll give you some info if you send me some remote Sierra Nevada single track info!   PM me! 

1- Heres a good thread about smog. I bought the parts from my local Ktm dealer 

2- don't know anything about end cap. Get an FMF it makes the bike come Alive. I have the full titanium setup- worth every penny  

3- I got the guts racing comfy seat. What a difference. My bro has a seat concepts and we both agree mine is better.  

4- adjust your idle to help with start. There is a little black knob.  I have noticed different elevations change how it will start  BIGGEST thing you can do to get easier start is have your ecu remapped (this will also help with overall performance).  Also, Dont just keep cranking it  if it won't start after several cranks let it sit 10 seconds and try again. 

my two cents- don't mess with your TPS.  Do the right upgrades when you have the cash.  I messed with my TPS as many threads suggest and didn't like the feel of the bike  kind of a bandaid solution in my opinion.

Have fun! I have loved every minute of this bike!

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I'll pm you 

I realized that desmog thread was for 2017.   Here is the link to the thread that actually has the part numbers for our year bike.  I went to my local KTM dealer and bought these parts they had them in stock.