2017 350 xcf Map Switch Delete

I am just not going to use the map switch on this 17.  I like to be the brain in control when it comes to traction and power delivery.  I've found that any map other than Map 1 just feels more sluggish.  

Question: If I unplug and remove the switch from the handlebars, will the bike run correctly and what map will I be on?  Thanks for any info.  

That's interesting because map 2 is the aggressive one. Pretty sure you can unplug it all together and it will run the standard map

I feel the same on my 17 250sxf map 2 feels slow. But that tc control is really nice for loose hill climbs.

I'm bringing this thread back to see if anyone is 100% certain that unplugging the switch leaves you on Map 1 with TC off?  It's a 17 350xc.  

I did some very thorough testing and I'll never use map 2 or TC.  To me Map 2 and TC feel exactly the same, retarded timing.  I'd like to get the switch off of my bars if I can.  Thanks for any responses.  

You can unplug it and then go out and ride and see how it feels. I tend to agree I have the same bike and never really use the map switch or trac control

Edited by 912
Changed a to or

Check it out this is how my bro who owns a ktm shop broke it down for someone. Map 1 is basically going to be your best map for all around power low mid high and you will have looong legs. Switch to map 2 it is more aggressive all the power hits at once and falls off shortly there after. I actually use map 1 when I am riding the trails but when we start jumping and hill climbs it's map 2.

Those of you who ride new ktm 4 strokes know what I am talking about 

Edited by YZF1825
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, YZF1825 said:

Check it out this is how my bro who owns a ktm shop broke it down for someone. Map 1 is basically going to be your best map for all around power low mid high and you will have looong legs. Switch to map 2 it is more aggressive all the power hits at once and falls off shortly there after. I actually use map 1 when I am riding the trails but when we start jumping and hill climbs it's map 2.

Those of you who ride new ktm 4 strokes know what I am talking about 

Thank you! Best explanation I've heard! Have an "almost" brand new '17 350 XCF in the garage and tomorrow will be the first ride on it. Coming off of 8 straight years riding YZ250's......this shall be interesting. 

Oh you'll love it. I came from yz250 world over to the orange side and I am very happy. I wish I had a 2 stroke though..haha.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, YZF1825 said:

Oh you'll love it. I came from yz250 world over to the orange side and I am very happy. I wish I had a 2 stroke though..haha.

I've always sold my previous bikes upon getting a new one. I will defiantly be keeping my YZ though. Defiantly would be hard to part with it.

It was hard to part with. I love the Yamaha but do not like the design flaw with the power valve shaft bushing. Would like to have another 250 2t. Thinking a cr.

I also have a yz 250x(2016).  I think I would give up the 350 first.  But, back on topic.....

I have stopped during a ride and unplugged the switch.  It takes a while to get to it behind the plate, then get it back together to ride again.  It's hard to tell if you've switched maps or not when you have a few minutes gap like that.  It felt like no change from Map 1 to unplugged so that's probably correct.  I'll try to make the plug more accessible and maybe that will be conclusive.  

• Like 1

Hi did you get to the bottom of unplugging the mapping switch  I just bought a 450sxf and want to take it off the dealer did it for me but said the light just kept flashing so put it back on not sure what to do any one know cheers

Edited by Ben Bowden