dirt biking stories

I bought a dirt bike one time.. I regret having done that. Then I bought a 2nd one. I regretted that too. Then I bought a 3rd, and a 4th, and a 5th. I'm up to 7 at this time. I can't stop. I have an addiction. This is the 12 step meeting right? Oh wait, wrong location. Excuse me (shuffles off in the background".

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Kawabuggy said:

I bought a dirt bike one time.. I regret having done that. Then I bought a 2nd one. I regretted that too. Then I bought a 3rd, and a 4th, and a 5th. I'm up to 7 at this time. I can't stop. I have an addiction. This is the 12 step meeting right? Oh wait, wrong location. Excuse me (shuffles off in the background".

You can never own too many dirt bikes!

when I was 16 i took a kx 65 out into the back hills with my little brother on a drz 125....
It was fun and we were just derping and gooning around....
On the way back we had to go down a little hill that was washed out due to the rain with a 2ft deep rain trail in the middle of the road.... Of course i went right into that 2ft deep rain trail... I was dragging my rear tire but going a little faster than what I was wanting, so I hit my front brake as well... The second I touched that front, I was over the handle bars, with the bike deciding to kartwheel flip right behind me...

The bike landed right on my chest, then on my right foot....

A 5mph crash on a little kx65 ended up braking my ankle and dislocating a rib.... I seriously could have walked faster than how fast I was going down that hill.... 

• Like 1

I have a dirt bike story. I went out riding last weekend, it was a nice day and the trails were in great shape I wasn't even out of the parking lot and had a second gear wheelie going headed for the small gap on the trees where the 22 miles single track loop starts. I dove in, hammering the brakes at every corner, ripping the throttle on every straight, going over every log I could find, taking all the hardest lines. I came to a steep bluff line where someone had been doing some hill climbs. I pounded the gas in first gear and shot for the steepest line. As it started to wheelie up I kept rolling off the throttle to keep it down. I could see the top lip.. bad news, there's a barbwire fence across at the lip. It was rusty and smashed down a little so at the last second I slipped the clutch and hit it with my bash guard and made it! I continued on like this for hours. What a perfect ride.

• Like 2

I was at the Colvile track here in Saskatchewan on Sunday June 11th with my CRF450R and was riding and jumping my bike all day then the weather got bad so I went home. After a few hours round 8 pm it cleared off and decided I'd go cruise couple back roads I was about a mile away​ from home standing on my foot pegs first gear part throttle deciding were I wanted to go then for some reason my foot slipped off the peg I fell to the one side accidentally cracked the throttle and I just remembered the bike standing up and then when I came to i found myself laying in the middle of this dirt trail/road I realized I broke my leg and couldn't move pain was intence leg was burning. I didn't phone on my since I was wereing all my motocross gear including my Leatt 4.5 neck brace glad I was wereing it so no pockets for phone. I basically laid there for a few hours and I remember being really tired wanting to fall asleep then when it was starting to get dark out I heard a truck roll up. He was my land lords dad ironicly and my land lord is a Motocross guy as well so this was no new sight to him. He called his wife she came out I they helped me sit up and tried calling 911 but for whatever reason 911 service wasn't working every time they dialed it would just hang up so once we determined I only had a broken boke and possibly internal bleeding they loaded me up in the back of her Chevy suv and took me into kerrobert hospital were they couldn't do nothing for me there so I stayed the night and was rushed to Saskatoon for surgery the next day long story short I spent week and a half in the hospital wishing I could get back on my bike. Luckily it was a slow accident and only ruined a handle bar grip. The worst thing about breaking my leg ( broke my tibular in three places) is I can't stop thinking about riding it's killing me having to Sit around not being able to ride. Mid August I'll be able to get back on and just do easy ridding no tracks till late fall if not till next season. I had to sit around for a week with that x brace on and yes it was drilled into my leg to keep the leg straight till the swelling went down I now have plates and screws in my leg I'm on week four since my last surgery the doctor is getting me to put little weight on it and said buy mid August I'll be off my crutches but will have a bad limp till the mucles regain strength.IMG_20170613_134940.jpgIMG_20170709_161957.jpgIMG_20170714_120519.jpg

• Like 1

I was at the Colvile track here in Saskatchewan on Sunday June 11th with my CRF450R and was riding and jumping my bike all day then the weather got bad so I went home. After a few hours round 8 pm it cleared off and decided I'd go cruise couple back roads I was about a mile away​ from home standing on my foot pegs first gear part throttle deciding were I wanted to go then for some reason my foot slipped off the peg I fell to the one side accidentally cracked the throttle and I just remembered the bike standing up and then when I came to i found myself laying in the middle of this dirt trail/road I realized I broke my leg and couldn't move pain was intence leg was burning. I didn't phone on my since I was wereing all my motocross gear including my Leatt 4.5 neck brace glad I was wereing it so no pockets for phone. I basically laid there for a few hours and I remember being really tired wanting to fall asleep then when it was starting to get dark out I heard a truck roll up. He was my land lords dad ironicly and my land lord is a Motocross guy as well so this was no new sight to him. He called his wife she came out I they helped me sit up and tried calling 911 but for whatever reason 911 service wasn't working every time they dialed it would just hang up so once we determined I only had a broken boke and possibly internal bleeding they loaded me up in the back of her Chevy suv and took me into kerrobert hospital were they couldn't do nothing for me there so I stayed the night and was rushed to Saskatoon for surgery the next day long story short I spent week and a half in the hospital wishing I could get back on my bike. Luckily it was a slow accident and only ruined a handle bar grip. The worst thing about breaking my leg ( broke my tibular in three places) is I can't stop thinking about riding it's killing me having to Sit around not being able to ride. Mid August I'll be able to get back on and just do easy ridding no tracks till late fall if not till next season. I had to sit around for a week with that x brace on and yes it was drilled into my leg to keep the leg straight till the swelling went down I now have plates and screws in my leg I'm on week four since my last surgery the doctor is getting me to put little weight on it and said buy mid August I'll be off my crutches but will have a bad limp till the mucles regain strength.IMG_20170613_134940.jpg.83df60cc7538979ed500306a3bd29c82.jpgIMG_20170709_161957.jpg.3a0e7476a012aa16e6566bbce6c169c8.jpgIMG_20170714_120519.jpg.ccd7c0bfb1e1f53fd04db797c303d6b1.jpg

Man... Thats tough! Feeling it for you!

1 minute ago, 16Raptor said:

I just can't wait to put on all that weird smelling Motocross gear and kick that bike over grab that throttle and go for a ride again counting down the days till August.

Are you in physical therapy? If not, then you should seriously consider it. My last 3 surgery recoveries left me stronger than before with pt. :cool:

Mine is not so intense, I was racing in our back yard woods track (in muddy conditions), I had just taken the title of " Fastest person in the neighborhood around our tiny track", so I was feeling confident. Hard part of our track is that it is so narrow that there is no room to pass. Oh wait, there is one part about 25 ft long when the trail Forks around a tree and goes it separate ways for 25ft before meeting in the sharpest turn of the track. That's the time for accelerating all you got, and if the person behind is faster than the person leading, they might make it to the turn first. We had probably done seven or eight laps (laps are maybe 30 sec ea.), and I was tired of following the girl on a four wheeler in the lead. Feeling like the "Fastest person there", I went very aggressively for the pass on this Fork. The girl is right in front of our "stands", and my mother had just walked down and was standing there. As I went for this pass, my opponent saw me coming and let her engine Roar, it came down to me versus her on a very sharp turn. If you miss this turn you hit a tree. Me, being the gentleman, let her Win It[emoji53] and I slammed on the front brakes. Slamming on front brakes in muddy conditions going as fast as you ever have on that track is not a good idea.
Did it in front of Mom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtbikeBradley said:

Are surgeries a normal thing around here! I've never broken anything in my life.

They are pretty common. I'm done with them, don't plan on having any more. Ive slowed the pace down a bunch.?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 16Raptor said:

I didn't phone on my since I was wereing all my motocross gear including my Leatt 4.5 neck brace glad I was wereing it so no pockets for phone. I basically laid there for a few hours and I remember being really tired wanting to fall asleep then when it was starting to get dark out I heard a truck roll up.

Brother! Riding alone, bring a phone. I wear an OGIO flight vest. Holds all my trail tools, phone, pistol, etc. Easy to put on and balanced weight distribution. Holds a ton of water too.

I know you just came from the track, but riding roads is not the track. You have no backup except for that plastic and glass communicator. AGATT, and phone is part of that system.

Hope you heal fast and whole!

Edited by LSHD
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2017 at 5:27 PM, 16Raptor said:

I was at the Colvile track here in Saskatchewan on Sunday June 11th with my CRF450R and was riding and jumping my bike all day then the weather got bad so I went home. After a few hours round 8 pm it cleared off and decided I'd go cruise couple back roads I was about a mile away from home standing on my foot pegs first gear part throttle deciding were I wanted to go then for some reason my foot slipped off the peg I fell to the one side accidentally cracked the throttle and I just remembered the bike standing up and then when I came to i found myself laying in the middle of this dirt trail/road I realized I broke my leg and couldn't move pain was intence leg was burning. I didn't phone on my since I was wereing all my motocross gear including my Leatt 4.5 neck brace glad I was wereing it so no pockets for phone. I basically laid there for a few hours and I remember being really tired wanting to fall asleep then when it was starting to get dark out I heard a truck roll up. He was my land lords dad ironicly and my land lord is a Motocross guy as well so this was no new sight to him. He called his wife she came out I they helped me sit up and tried calling 911 but for whatever reason 911 service wasn't working every time they dialed it would just hang up so once we determined I only had a broken boke and possibly internal bleeding they loaded me up in the back of her Chevy suv and took me into kerrobert hospital were they couldn't do nothing for me there so I stayed the night and was rushed to Saskatoon for surgery the next day long story short I spent week and a half in the hospital wishing I could get back on my bike. Luckily it was a slow accident and only ruined a handle bar grip. The worst thing about breaking my leg ( broke my tibular in three places) is I can't stop thinking about riding it's killing me having to Sit around not being able to ride. Mid August I'll be able to get back on and just do easy ridding no tracks till late fall if not till next season. I had to sit around for a week with that x brace on and yes it was drilled into my leg to keep the leg straight till the swelling went down I now have plates and screws in my leg I'm on week four since my last surgery the doctor is getting me to put little weight on it and said buy mid August I'll be off my crutches but will have a bad limp till the mucles regain strength.IMG_20170613_134940.jpgIMG_20170709_161957.jpgIMG_20170714_120519.jpg

U went out at 8pm,wrecked and layed there a few hours and then it started to get dark as the truck pulled up?  Where do you live that it don't get dark till after 10:00 pm?  Lol

U went out at 8pm,wrecked and layed there a few hours and then it started to get dark as the truck pulled up?  Where do you live that it don't get dark till after 10:00 pm?  Lol

In Saskatchewan in the summer the sun doesn't go down till 9:30 9:40ish it's still kinda light till about 10pm on clear nights.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, dwil4 said:

The same in Michigan, around the summer solstice it gets dark about 10:30 or so.  

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 1