Rmz-250 kickstarting issue

I have a 2005 Rmz 250 and I recently did a pro x stainless steel valve conversion on it. I know that the springs are stiffer, but it is really difficult to kick over. It can be pull started and runs amazing. Do you all have any ideas if this is normal?? Thanks in advanced

IMG_0107.JPG

The decompressor is in and it works fine. And timing looks good also. If you try to kick it, the kick start lever will not go any further. It's almost like something's in a bind. If you crank it over slow, it still gets hard to do. The only thing that I can think of is the stiffer springs

I think I got the issue fixed now. Yes it was machanically. The kick start lever would stop halfway trough a kick. I ended up bump starting it and ran it for 30 min or so. It runs perfect. It's easier to kick over now but still didn't seem to want to start. I may have to use a different starting technique now. I'm wondering now if the springs for the stainless valves are normally that hard to compress when new

Edited by Josh Taylor

I don't think the springs are your issue honestly. I've put new valves and springs in mine- Pro-X and it's not difficult to kick at all. I'm kind of wondering if prior to changing them, it was extremely easy to kick over due to the valves being open? Maybe what you're feeling is normal, it very well could be if your timing is good. Just a guess though