2012 wr450, what mods next?

I own a 2012 wr 450, love it. It got a Fmf pipe and tune when I purchased it. Now I want more power, I am a big guy and love to go fast. Advice? Big bore? Cam, header and tune?

same bike, you should get the gytr tuner but aside from that doesn't sound like a cam swap will do much for performance on this year model. I'm sure a big bore would give it more oomph like it should on any bike but I can't vouch for it and would probably only do a bore if the top end was needing a rebuild anyways. How much power are you chasing? what's the bike being used for?

• Like 1

I would do suspension and ergonomic tuning first. Then you can go faster on the bike you have.

The only way to get real power out of that motor is to port the head and use modified YZ cams. 

There are flat track cams available if all you are looking for is peak power.

If you have not done a complete un-corking and remapping of the bike, you need to do that first.

• Like 1

I trail a lot and it's really fantastic as an hard core trail bike. But I also ride in the sand and it lacks there, I am 270 pounds , she works hard!! It's been remapped and has a pipe.

Edited by Greyforsyth