I am considering taking a plow or trencher and cutting a 50+ yard trench at my back yard playground. I like having a playground out back to learn on. Doing something over and over until you get it right. Recently I found out that ruts cause me to feel like I lean into the high side. Actually, I think it's just a loss of balance that can't be regained due to the front wheel not being able to compensate due to it locked into the rut. Before I do this, maybe someone has a foolproof secret that I can learn before digging a potential water hole. For clarification, these ruts are usually on a hill climb, either every bike restricted to the same line or two ruts due to ATVs digging there way up

Edited by 1gr8bldr

There are LOTS of different ruts and ways to get through. They are all hard.

Look ahead look ahead look ahead. Trust the bike.

• Like 1

I recently learned that being further forward on the bike and having more weight on the front wheel, as well as holding the bars a little looser so the bike can just follow the rut helps a lot.

On 7/16/2017 at 0:52 AM, robr54 said:

I recently learned that being further forward on the bike and having more weight on the front wheel, as well as holding the bars a little looser so the bike can just follow the rut helps a lot.

Tons of downhill ruts on the Enduro trails at Brushy Mountain this weekend was a big learning experience. I had to learn to loosen up and let the bike move