Jump to content

what bike should i get

Recommended Posts

I I'm 14 years old and 5ft 8in I have a honda crf100f ,I'm trying to figure what out what bike I would like next. I don't do any racing I just ride around the ranch looking for a little more speed and a more power I would like to stink with Honda. maybe kawaski 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cr125 or kx125, very little mechanical inclination involved with keeping one going. They're fairly reliable and it's a good bike to transition with

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok what about CR230

 

that's what my cousin advised me to get

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, a CRF230 would be a great bike.  They have been the same forever, so just look for a clean used one on craigslist, no need to buy a new one.

It will be reliable like your 100, but lots more power, better suspension and brakes, but still mellow.  If you get used to it and want more performance there are tons of improvements you could make to tweak it the way you want it.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, usedtobefast said:

Yes, a CRF230 would be a great bike.  They have been the same forever, so just look for a clean used one on craigslist, no need to buy a new one.

It will be reliable like your 100, but lots more power, better suspension and brakes, but still mellow.  If you get used to it and want more performance there are tons of improvements you could make to tweak it the way you want it.  

ok that's what I will be leaning toward than 

 

does anyone have any say on a 150r 4 stoke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At 5'8" you are too tall for any 'mini' motocross, including 'big-wheeled' versions.  (with 19"/16" fr/rr wheel size)

Although almost every newbie wants one, I personally don't recommend a motocross race bike for general trail & off-roading.

 

 

Edited by mlatour

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mlatour said:

At 5'8" you are too tall for any 'mini' motocross, including 'big-wheeled' versions.  (with 19"/16" fr/rr wheel size)

Although almost every newbie wants one, I personally don't recommend a motocross race bike for general trail & off-roading.

 

 

yea I didn't think anyone would really recommend one I was just seeing what someone had to say about them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

where do you guys recommend to get parts for my crf 100f?  I have been getting them at motosports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
where do you guys recommend to get parts for my crf 100f?  I have been getting them at motosports 


TBoltusa if you want aftermarket hop up parts. I use Motosport too for most oem and aftermarket parts. If Motosport doesn't have what I want then motorcycle superstore usually does.

If you come across a 1996 or later XR250R or XR400R in good condition either would make a good "next bike"
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

 


TBoltusa if you want aftermarket hop up parts. I use Motosport too for most oem and aftermarket parts. If Motosport doesn't have what I want then motorcycle superstore usually does.

If you come across a 1996 or later XR250R or XR400R in good condition either would make a good "next bike"

 

ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×