Clear Creek The Orginal Real Mcoy Clear Creek may get open

From AMA Dist 36 web page

The House of Representatives, by a unanimous  bi-partisan vote, passed HR 1913, a bill to re-open our beloved Clear Creek Management Area to OHV’s.

As you know the CCMA was “temporarily” closed in 2008 with the stroke of one pen.  Now, nine years later and taking an act of congress to reverse that order, we are now a few steps away from getting a nationally known premiere riding area re-opened.

The next step is to the Senate and rumors are favorable.  Then on to the President.  Most of you know the Presidents sons ride motorcycles.  KTM is their brand……

https://panetta.house.gov/media/press-releases/panetta-clear-creek-national-recreation-area-and-conservation-act-passes-house

Blue hill 1wheli.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 7

You cant ride there this time of year! And I won't let you!

As soon as it rains I'll show you the B-52 that crashed there! Can't find the report but i have Titanium parts and a Milspec. fitting to prove it!

If they let us ride there! I'll be the First at the gate!

FEW!

• Like 4

A FEW photo shots from the old days... I cant wait to ride there again, I have so many memories of that place!

Like the weird guy that showed up one weekend with this old 250 in the trunk! We noticed he was kinda following us out and then disappeared?

When we came to ride the next weekend his car was still there! We told the patrolling BLM and the following weekend the car was gone?

_pic9.JPG

_pic90001.JPG

_pic90002.JPG

_pic90003.JPG

• Like 4

The reopen passed vote I hear. Didn't think that would ever happen. Now if they would dozer some RV spots, that would be nice. Yes, I want my cake and I wanna eat it too!

Edited by Mongo134
  • Like 3

lot of good memories there.  would be nice to have the Quicksilver and Wild Boar enduro's back up and running too.

• Like 2