stock exhaust mated to fmf header?

Hey all......I just bought a 2016 CRF250L.  I'm wanting to keep the noise down a bit, so would a FMF powerbomb header pipe mate up with the stock exhaust? If so, I am planning on cutting the inner exhaust tube and rewelding spark arrestor back on.....Will the chamber on the powerbomb give me a little extra over just leaving the stock header pipe on it?  Will also do the air-box mod. Obviously a EJC controller would be nice, but if doable, this will be my first mod to free it up a bit.  Thanks for any input! 

Not without modification, FMF headers are larger than the stock pipe.  You can put an FMF slip-on with the stock header, they include a bushing to work with the smaller stock pipe.  If you want a better tone, a little louder, but still more than reasonable, you can opt for the Q4, and add the 1 1/8" quiet core part#40630.  There is an added baffle plate in it, and the smaller diameter cuts noise quite a bit compared to the Q4 alone, sounds similar to a stock muffler with the spark arrestor cut, the added backpressure seems to boost bottom end a little too, and it's about 9 Lbs lighter.

Edited by alucard0822
  • Like 3