1981 honda xr200 won't idle(noobie)

Just got this bike from a guy for $100 and for some reason it just won't idle. I cleaned out the carb and the jets with gas and an air compressor fresh gas.

Starts right up no problem with choke revs super high. I took off the cable from the throttle and it some what idles ok with it but I can be sure because my hand couldn't hold the cable steady. I was thinking maybe it was the cable that made it do that because the plastic covering it was all chewed up so I ordered a new cable for it. I should of asked before just buying part though. I also have been looking for the factory carb setting but just don't seem to find them. I know it's out there but just don't know where exactly to look.

If you have any suggestions of what the issue is if it's not the carb setting or the throttle cable then please let me know.

I'm new to dirt bikes and really wanna learn. Could of gotten a new bike but then wouldn't have fun learning

Thanks for the help in advance

No 18 is just a screw that holds the float bowl on.

You can also adjust your idle speed by screwing in number 12 into the cap number 5xr.png.275de1e7ce4d029f862fbcfd61818a2a.png

Or by screwing your throttle cable into 9 & 10

x1.png

• Like 1

if you have alot of slack at the throttle tube - yeah then something else is happening - if you look in the end of the carby - airbox removed side - can you see the slide moving up and down ?

• Like 1

I haven't done that yet slipped my mind that I could check that. Let's say it does go up and down what else could it be. Mind you it idles and ran ok before the cleaning